Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The "Firebreather" Camaro revealed! 50 units available for purchase. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67965)

jcamere94z28 02-26-2010 04:39 PM

The "Firebreather" Camaro revealed! 50 units available for purchase.

7 Attachment(s)
The "Firebreather," a hero car set to appear in the movie "Jinn" for Exodus Pictures and based on the 2010 Camaro, has finally been revealed! The camouflaged form of this car caused widespread internet speculation as to its real identity. Many hoped that it was the upcoming Camaro Z/28. Fortunately, Faisal Ahmad, the Special Vehicles Producer for Exodus Pictures, dispeled such rumors on the forum.

The Firebreather shows what a Pontiac Firebird could have resembled. If you like it, there's good news, as 50 units of this car are currently available for purchase at a starting price of $60,000.

According to Jalopnik:
Quote:

The car was designed by the film's writer and director and Art Center grad AJ Ahmad, who wanted to tie the developing Michigan film industry to the state's history. The Firebreather will be the hero car in the movie, driven by the film's star Ray Park (aka Darth Maul) who was on hand for the unveiling.

The car, built by Classic Design Concepts for the film, takes a new Camaro and gives it an all-new, and very handsomely-styled front end, an entirely new tail end with a new spoiler, new hood, some slick custom wheels, the Eibach Pro-Plus performance handling package a embroidered seats.

Here's the best part — for Firebird fans who want something a little different, fifty numbered copies of The Firebreather are on sale as of right now with a starting price of $60,000.
Attachment 97719

Attachment 97720

Attachment 97721

Attachment 97722

Attachment 97723

Attachment 97724

Attachment 97725

Explanation of what this car is:

Quote:

Following the unauthorized release of pictures taken of our vehicle, I have decided to clarify the origins of this 'mystery car'. The vehicle in question, named the “FireBreather”, has been built by Exodus Pictures, LLC in conjunction with Classic Design Concepts of Novi, MI. The FireBreather is to be the hero car for an upcoming motion picture. The vehicle was camouflaged to conceal its design until principle photography of the movie could be completed.

We wish to dispel some of the rumors that are surrounding the FireBreather:

The FireBreather is based on a 2010 Camaro.

The FireBreather is not a Z/28 test mule.

The FireBreather is not a corvette test vehicle.

The FireBreather is in no way affiliated or related to any "retro" firebird- or trans am-type body kits that are currently on the market or in development

As a result of the speculation circulating so widely, Exodus Pictures has decided to completely reveal the FireBreather at the Detroit Autorama. The FireBreather will remain unveiled for the duration of the event.

Being an automotive enthusiast myself, I hope this clears things up.

Visit www.The-FireBreather.com for more information as it becomes available.

Faisal Ahmad
Special Vehicles Producer
Exodus Pictures

nUcLeArEnVoY 02-26-2010 04:45 PM

Gee, I wonder what that's supposed to be a reference to. :rolleyes:

jcamere94z28 02-26-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY (Post 1526509)
Gee, I wonder what that's supposed to be a reference to. :rolleyes:

if there was ever a firebird... this is what it needed to look like... but i even like the name.. firebreather.

jcamaro 02-26-2010 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was just about to post this but you beat me to it!

Now that's a Firebird done right!

DevilKnightFalcon 02-26-2010 07:09 PM

...didn't they just recently deny that the car was a Camaro? Maybe I read it wrong but that is certainly just a modded up Camaro like the GTO and Trans-Am ones

jcamere94z28 02-26-2010 09:08 PM

they denied that it was a z28 and clarified that the car is a movie prop... (one hell of a movie prop btw...)

69Z/28Camaro 02-26-2010 09:45 PM

did any body notice the grey design on the front that was visible in some pics but not the others? i think it looks pretty awesome. not visible ▼
http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/ass...eather__4_.jpg
visible ▼
http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/ass...er_pt2__7_.jpg

nichoLaS9 02-26-2010 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=69Z/28Camaro;1527504]did any body notice the grey design on the front that was visible in some pics but not the others? i think it looks pretty awesome. not visible ▼
http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/ass...eather__4_.jpg

my guess would be this is the passenger side of the car, the picture has just been flipped horizontally :iono:

great looking car tho.. man i miss pontiac already, they had potential to do big things ..:cry: (p.s. yes i know this isnt a pontiac)

guiLT 02-26-2010 10:21 PM

Does anyone know what movie this will be in?

wbt 02-26-2010 10:37 PM

I like it.

SZOTSTA24 02-26-2010 11:56 PM

That looks sweet!:thumbup:

tru imperial blu 02-27-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFire (Post 1527631)

i heard something on here about a camaro type car being in the new ghost rider movie. :iono:

Andro 02-27-2010 12:58 AM

I like it

masterofpuppets 02-27-2010 12:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcamere94z28 (Post 1526493)

Man, if you're not paying attention the back end looks a lot like a GTR.

RetroDude 02-27-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru imperial blu (Post 1527923)
i heard something on here about a camaro type car being in the new ghost rider movie. :iono:

I heard they were planning on doing another "Knight Rider" flick and wanted to go back to using a Trans AM ... so, this might be the New K.I.T.T. ! :w00t:

PHEOX 02-27-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

It's going to be in a movie called Jinn

Tankgio 02-27-2010 01:06 AM

I would say it looks like the Future Pontiac Trans am/Firebird

warmongoose66 02-27-2010 01:07 AM

SWEEEEETTTTTTT I like what ever it is I like it.

ZNOLMT 02-27-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

I think the movie is going to be called "Jinn". Don't know much about it besides that it will have this badass car in it !!

I love the front end of this car! The beak-like fascia and those headlights really change the look of the car, makes it look bigger and gives it a different personality! I also like that they changed the vents by the back wheels, they look pretty sweet. OH !! And that BIG shaker is awesome!

One thing I'm not so crazy about is the taillights though. I mean, they're kinda bizarre shaped, and then they're smoked/blacked out? They're hard to see!

I'd like to see some different variations/colors and more photos in better lighting!

And the interior ?? I'm curious! This car is beautiful on the outside, I hope it looks good inside too!

Also .. that diffuser in the back looks familiar .. Havoc ??

BRITCAM5 02-27-2010 01:18 AM

I think it looks pretty awesome but $60k. I'd have to see the full spec first!

SamIyam 02-27-2010 01:20 AM

Don't care for it... looks like a quick front end job to make it look like a firebird... without going the distance.

Sam

Jerseyrican88 02-27-2010 01:22 AM

this car is sexy

Cobra_Commander 02-27-2010 01:32 AM

I like it... But I would've made the rear look more like the '77 Trans Am (like the other concepts), put a Gold Firebird on the hood, and gave it the high dove tail Trans Am wing. Also black out the silver ducts behind the doors where the gills would be. The front lights are awesome though. Can anyone tell I'm a Smokey and the Bandit Fan? LOL

CamaroGuy85 02-27-2010 01:38 AM

Man that car is hot :happyanim:. Im happy to see some form of the T A alive.:headbang:

scythezo6 02-27-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Don't care for it... looks like a quick front end job to make it look like a firebird... without going the distance.

Sam
It looks good i just dont think the rounded/point front nose goes with the rest of the car. Good point though.