Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southcentral (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   NEED REAR TIRE IN OKLAHOMA (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68685)

ambjocky 03-02-2010 09:09 PM

NEED REAR TIRE IN OKLAHOMA

Anyone know of a tire shop in central Oklahoma. I hit a piece of metal on the road today and ruined one of my rear tires!@#$ Any info would be greatly appreciated.!!

SWHCPA 03-02-2010 09:11 PM

If you're close to a Discount Tire, that's your best bet.

ambjocky 03-02-2010 09:29 PM

Discount Tire shows 2-3 days on all the metro areas?

springerpete 03-02-2010 09:57 PM

Hibdon's?

cybercoaster 03-03-2010 07:48 AM

My son works at Hibdon's on the north side. He has seen several Camaros roll through needed tire repairs or new new tires.

I need to get the road hazard warranty before the fest!

tbarber87 03-03-2010 02:22 PM

Where ever you go, make sure to let them know they cannot use their "regular" tool to replace the tire. When I had mine patched for a nail they scratched my rim all up, when we took it back to them they said it was because they used the regular tool and it needs something different. They are now buying me a new rim.

ambjocky 03-03-2010 04:08 PM

Update: I forgot I had bought a policy that would replace my tires, wheels, fix dents, and rock chips. Called them this morning, recieved a claim number, took the wheel back to Knipplemier Chevy in Blanchard.. All being handled in a very quick manor. Only problem is that I called Discount Tire and Hibdons, they both checked their suppliers and there are NO Perilli P275 40 ZR20's in the state. Sucks, car is sitting at work on a stand\blocks. :facepalm:

sooneRS 03-03-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbarber87 (Post 1543470)
Where ever you go, make sure to let them know they cannot use their "regular" tool to replace the tire. When I had mine patched for a nail they scratched my rim all up, when we took it back to them they said it was because they used the regular tool and it needs something different. They are now buying me a new rim.

I wish I could get a new rim.. someone backed into my car and scratched my rim.. all they did was refinish it and it doesnt even appear to be the same color as my other rims with specs of black in it.

back on topic.. keep an eye on your car, i'd be scared some idiots will come by your car and jack the other wheels.. seen it done before.. it's more enticing to them when they notice it sitting there for a few days..

ambjocky 03-05-2010 11:21 AM

Well it seems that the dealership recieved the tire quickly, but scratched my wheel! All is good they told me on the phone, they will be getting a new one to replace the one that got messed up! Congrats for being honest, that is a rare quality for car dealerships these days. That is why I chose the dealership I did!!

cybercoaster 03-05-2010 04:17 PM

OK, all these tire/rim stories scaring me. Just got my road hazard (tires, wheels, dents and dings and glass) at Mark Heitz.

ambjocky 03-05-2010 08:15 PM

Smart move. I think these rims must be hard to manipulate with all the stories. I am just glad Knipplemier chevy is an honest dealer. So glad I took it there. By the way the tire warranty you bought at Heitz is the same one they sell in Blanchard. The warranty company was extremely easy to deal with.:)

tbarber87 03-06-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambjocky (Post 1551240)
Well it seems that the dealership recieved the tire quickly, but scratched my wheel! All is good they told me on the phone, they will be getting a new one to replace the one that got messed up! Congrats for being honest, that is a rare quality for car dealerships these days. That is why I chose the dealership I did!!

That is great that they called and told you and offered to replace it FIRST. We didn't find out mine was scratched until I took it home and washed it the next day. The wheel finally came in and I am having it put on next week when I won't be needing my car as often. Congrats on a good deal :w00t:

ricks dream car 11-12-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbarber87 (Post 1543470)

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR THE SCRATCHED ONE. I WANT A SPARE.....:thumbup:

cybercoaster 11-13-2010 09:25 PM

I am wanting to sell my set of 4, I will figure out a price and PM you.