Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GM's own performance parts (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6872)

tav8ws6 09-17-2008 09:39 PM

GM's own performance parts
 
On the Camaro website it says that there will be "a tuned air intake, cat-back exhaust system..." My only question is will it be as good as some aftermarket systems. Id love to keep the car All GM. I would deffinintely go for the GM hotcam as well.

13F20 09-17-2008 09:44 PM

only time will tell bro.

radz28 09-17-2008 10:33 PM

I think they should be. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but first I thought CORSA was making the catback (mostly because the shapes of the mufflers I saw on the trucks matched what I saw on CORSA's site) because of the dual wall stainless tips. Someone said it was actually BORLA who made them, which is fine by me because I love BORLA, especially on my '02. It has a flange that's perfect for an electric cutout and it works perfectly. Anyways, I'm sure they'll engineer parts that are at least on par with aftermarket guys and you'll be able to roll the cost into the loan with the car (although - who wants to pay interest for at least five years on an $800 exhaust...)

Anyways, I'm sure they're going to have many accessories that will be great.

BowtieGuy 09-17-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 132354)
I think they should be. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but first I thought CORSA was making the catback (mostly because the shapes of the mufflers I saw on the trucks matched what I saw on CORSA's site) because of the dual wall stainless tips. Someone said it was actually BORLA who made them, which is fine by me because I love BORLA, especially on my '02. It has a flange that's perfect for an electric cutout and it works perfectly. Anyways, I'm sure they'll engineer parts that are at least on par with aftermarket guys and you'll be able to roll the cost into the loan with the car (although - who wants to pay interest for at least five years on an $800 exhaust...)

Anyways, I'm sure they're going to have many accessories that will be great.

You are correct. It will probably be Borla. They design most of the exhausts for GMPP. I have discovered though that GM is sometimes more expensive than the regular aftermarket, without the performance to compare.

radz28 09-18-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy (Post 132395)
You are correct. It will probably be Borla. They design most of the exhausts for GMPP. I have discovered though that GM is sometimes more expensive than the regular aftermarket, without the performance to compare.

Yeah, I can't relate to GMPP parts because I've never obtained them for my cars. At the time, there weren't really any choices I was looking for for them so I just looked toward the aftermarket. Hopefully GMPP will support the car better this time - it seems like they are from statements posted here and elsewhere.

SS4EVER 09-18-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy (Post 132395)
I have discovered though that GM is sometimes more expensive than the regular aftermarket, without the performance to compare.

Correct you are. Example, the cat-back that GM offers for the Cobalt SS is like $750 and doesn't gain you any more power then another aftermarket product will. It just doesn't void your warranty. Although I wouldn't say that it's an inferior product in any way.

But with the aftermarket you will find a better variety that may give you better gains, and will cost less. It's just depending on the dealer if you want a warranty backed performance part.

Regardless, I do hope that GMPP does come out with some decent parts, i.e, CAI, Cat-back, Headers, injectors, tune, etc...

The_Blur 09-18-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 132354)
I think they should be. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but first I thought CORSA was making the catback (mostly because the shapes of the mufflers I saw on the trucks matched what I saw on CORSA's site) because of the dual wall stainless tips. Someone said it was actually BORLA who made them, which is fine by me because I love BORLA, especially on my '02. It has a flange that's perfect for an electric cutout and it works perfectly. Anyways, I'm sure they'll engineer parts that are at least on par with aftermarket guys and you'll be able to roll the cost into the loan with the car (although - who wants to pay interest for at least five years on an $800 exhaust...)

Anyways, I'm sure they're going to have many accessories that will be great.

:word: GM has had a lot of luck with Corsa on the Cobalt, and they probably want to continue that trend on the Camaro.

:word: There will also be a bunch of other accessories. GM has been keeping quiet about other performance options, so we may be getting nothing or we may be getting lots of goodies. :iono:

BowtieGuy 09-18-2008 11:33 AM

The only GMPP I would probably buy for my Camaro is the EFI Hot Cam. Simply because no other aftermarket manufacturer knows the LS3 like GM does, and what works best with it to get the best results. That is essential to picking a cam, instead of going for one that has absurd lift and a ridiculous LSA.

tav8ws6 09-18-2008 11:54 AM

GM also made cat-backs for the Sky and Solstice. Having a near 500 hp car backed completely by a warrenty sounds like a good and safe bet to me. (having hotcam and anything else GM would make for the Camaro)

MajorTom 09-18-2008 12:30 PM

Just for some comparison. I know it's not the same car and the aggressive nature of the cars aren't quite the same...

But the Borla catback available for the GTO was supposed to be rather timid in comparison to the Corsa.

tav8ws6 09-18-2008 04:04 PM

Is that in regards to performance or sound?

Quote:

Just for some comparison. I know it's not the same car and the aggressive nature of the cars aren't quite the same...But the Borla catback available for the GTO was supposed to be rather timid in comparison to the Corsa.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.