Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Planning on placing an order in October. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6978)

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 06:20 PM

Planning on placing an order in October.
 
ok. I think im gonna go place my order as soon as i can. I would really like to have the first camaro around here :)

So i thought i would start this thread for tips for anyone else doing the same. I have never ordered a car before, so im not sure how this will work.

I have already spoken to this dealership a few months ago, and they said that they didnt think the camaro will be built since the factory it was supposed to be built at in ohio closed... so that just shows you what im dealing with...

but also i know they dont have a list.. so that means i can get a car out of their first allocation.


I will not pay above msrp
I plan to be preapproved by my bank before i go
I want my gm employee discount

So how do i go about talking to the dealer? I really dont want to be hassled considering i know what im talking about. Should i just go in there and be like Okay, I want a 2010 camaro out of your first allocation, i want it be be msrp or below, i am preapproved by my bank, and i expect to get my gm employee discount, IF you cant make this happen then please let me know, and dont waste my time because i already know other dealerships will, i just wanted to buy locally.

OR, should i see what he offers me, or if he tries to BS me? (no offense camaro scotty) but you know how some dealers can be.

after i get tips from you guys, and place my order, i will post tips for future people that plan to order.

bballr4567 09-21-2008 06:32 PM

Just go into a dealer and tell them what you want and see if they will work with you. If they dont then tell them you are going to bolt to another dealer. They usually change their mind after that. Get everything in writing!

I doubt youll get employee pricing on it even if you are an employee. IIRC its a dealer by dealer basis.


HAHAHA at the ohio comment. Nice, just real nice.

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 06:54 PM

I think i will beable to get gm discount, the only car it doesnt apply to is a corvette. like they said this is a camaro, its not a special edition car, there will be many produced.

logan1080 09-21-2008 06:56 PM

The plant is in oshawa.

bballr4567 09-21-2008 07:00 PM

I know that its just a Camaro but the fact that they probably will be able to sell these are a pretty good clip for MSRP would make it doubtful for employee pricing.

Id love to stay in the military to get my discount on them. :(:(

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan1080 (Post 134783)
The plant is in oshawa.

yes we know that.

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballr4567 (Post 134786)
I know that its just a Camaro but the fact that they probably will be able to sell these are a pretty good clip for MSRP would make it doubtful for employee pricing.

Id love to stay in the military to get my discount on them. :(:(

I will be hopeful, but i will be VERY upset if i dont get it.

rlg3 09-21-2008 07:03 PM

Couple things
 
I say hit the web and hit up all the dealers in a reasonable area around maybe a 100 miles, a nice ride home would be cool when you get it. Contact their internet sales person or their Corvette Specialist so far from what I have seen many corvette specialist are handling the camaro's too.

After a few emails you will know who knows what is going on. like the 2nd IDL in October, ordering, etc.

If pricing is out(october 13)??? let them all know you want the best price with your GM employee discount, if there is no pricing (after the October IDL) and you can order. Put a deposit down and order with the dealer that seemed most knowledge as long as it is 100% refundable.

Does that make sense?

By they way Scotty is like 135 miles from me and yes I google mapped him! so I buying from Scotty!!!:thumbup:

shroomjohn 09-21-2008 07:06 PM

I believe you'll b able to get ur discount Ive talked to 3 dealers in my area since I get a suppliers discount 1 said yes they other 2 said maybe if gm allows it. I told them gm leaves it to the dealer so your best bet is to shop around. Be upfront w what you want,the discount is a good deal but not good enough not to offer it they wanna sell cars. Hey u knows theres always Scotty! Good Luck itll b mid summer 4 me.I think my discount is 2% above invoice do u get the same?:thumbup:

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlg3 (Post 134791)
I say hit the web and hit up all the dealers in a reasonable area around maybe a 100 miles, a nice ride home would be cool when you get it. Contact their internet sales person or their Corvette Specialist so far from what I have seen many corvette specialist are handling the camaro's too.

After a few emails you will know who knows what is going on. like the 2nd IDL in October, ordering, etc.

If pricing is out(october 13)??? let them all know you want the best price with your GM employee discount, if there is no pricing (after the October IDL) and you can order. Put a deposit down and order with the dealer that seemed most knowledge as long as it is 100% refundable.

Does that make sense?

By they way Scotty is like 135 miles from me and yes I google mapped him! so I buying from Scotty!!!:thumbup:

The internet person that i talked to was the one who didnt know anything, when i go to the dealership i will ask for someone knowledgable on the camaro.

If it doesnt work out locally, i will go in a 100 mile radius, but I really want to buy locally, so the day i pick it up, i can drive it straight over to the paintbooth without it getting dirty.

good tips, thanks...

come on guys keep em coming.

rlg3 09-21-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 134793)
The internet person that i talked to was the one who didnt know anything, when i go to the dealership i will ask for someone knowledgable on the camaro.

If it doesnt work out locally, i will go in a 100 mile radius, but I really want to buy locally, so the day i pick it up, i can drive it straight over to the paintbooth without it getting dirty.

good tips, thanks...

come on guys keep em coming.

Not making any jokes or disrespect about florence, alabama, but I am guessing your choices are limited. Within 50 miles of me there are so many dealers. If you want to get the pricing you want my gut says you may have to expand your horizons, hopefully not lets all hope that your local guy comes thru. For pete's sake your PINK

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 07:15 PM

Well Florence is a decent sized place, and sometimes smaller dealerships arent so greedy. and knowing that the dont have a list makes me a little happy... but if they are stubborn i wont have a problem walking out.

I know that Bill heard chevrolet in Huntsville is on the MSRP or below list, but i emailed twice and never got a responce, and im sure they have a list, but that will be my next dealership if i have to.

playhard67 09-21-2008 07:26 PM

RU a GM employee?? According to www.chevy.com, the employee pricing for everyone "currently" expires on Sept 30.

I also want to place my order ASAP...but, I don't think the employee pricing for everyone will be extended to the Camaro at this time. While I want to buy right away, I may wait until after SEMA to find out what all the aftermarket parts available will be.

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 07:31 PM

I get the GM discount from my dad who retired from GM after 30 years of working :) They wouldnt do a gm employee pricing for everyone sale and include the camaro. I dont think they included the new malibu.

FenwickHockey65 09-21-2008 07:40 PM

For the discount, just say that you're eligible for GMS pricing, and once you've ordered the Camaro and are going through the payment process, they'll sit you down at a phone where you'll call into the system, punch in your dad's SS number, and it'll spit back an authorization number for the discount.

And what plant in Ohio was it supposed to be built at?

13F20 09-21-2008 07:43 PM

I am ordering mine from Scott. It will be shipped to me in GA on a cargo truck enclosed. Transportation fees run around $1500.00 from WI to GA.

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 134827)

And what plant in Ohio was it supposed to be built at?

It wasnt, that was just letting you know how little this dealer knew.

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shroomjohn (Post 134792)
I believe you'll b able to get ur discount Ive talked to 3 dealers in my area since I get a suppliers discount 1 said yes they other 2 said maybe if gm allows it. I told them gm leaves it to the dealer so your best bet is to shop around. Be upfront w what you want,the discount is a good deal but not good enough not to offer it they wanna sell cars. Hey u knows theres always Scotty! Good Luck itll b mid summer 4 me.I think my discount is 2% above invoice do u get the same?:thumbup:

im not really sure what my discount is.

FenwickHockey65 09-21-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 134837)
It wasnt, that was just letting you know how little this dealer knew.

Oh I see.

I guess they thought that Norwood was still open. :laugh:

ShnOmac 09-21-2008 07:59 PM

Dont you just love GMS pricing! No haggling just a set price, makes things so much easier!:chevy:

shroomjohn 09-21-2008 08:05 PM

I dont think there will be any special deals besides your discount the first year. I think that why they have made it a 2010 so thats there out when they re offering specials pn the 09s next summer and fall.

playhard67 09-21-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 134815)
I get the GM discount from my dad who retired from GM after 30 years of working :) They wouldnt do a gm employee pricing for everyone sale and include the camaro. I dont think they included the new malibu.

congrats....I'm going to be happy to pay MSRP since I know I won't get any discounts.

aldaron327 09-21-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 134781)
I think i will beable to get gm discount, the only car it doesnt apply to is a corvette. like they said this is a camaro, its not a special edition car, there will be many produced.

Pink, GMS Pricing DOES INDEED apply to the Corvette. Have your Father log onto gmfamilyfirst.com. You can actually get your certificate online and check pricing on all the different GM brands.

When I purchased my Trailblazer SS in December of '06, I had my certificate ready to go and handled financing right there at the dealer. They tried to play games with me at first and then I produced a printout of GMS pricing on the particular VIN I drove home that day. The salesman stopped trying to haggle me right away when I pulled out that printout and had my authorization number. After that, it was straight forward, though I financed through the dealer. When I bought my '99 Z28, I ordered EXACTLY what I wanted from the factory. I provided my GMS authorization number and put down my deposit on the build. It was pretty easy as well. There was no haggling at all.

Bottom line.... it should be just that easy. Get your authorization number, get your GMS price from online and voila! Get your new Camaro!!!!:thumbsup:

pinkcamaro10 09-21-2008 10:42 PM

okay then it may be the ZR1 that it doesnt apply to.

so, can i get my authorization number for a car that isnt out yet, and maybe doesnt have pricing? do i have that ready in october or ready for when it comes in and i pay for it?

aldaron327 09-21-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 134995)
okay then it may be the ZR1 that it doesnt apply to.

so, can i get my authorization number for a car that isnt out yet, and maybe doesnt have pricing? do i have that ready in october or ready for when it comes in and i pay for it?

Yeah, I'm not sure about the ZR1, but I haven't checked on Vette prices in a while. I'm pretty sure that you can't get your authorization number for that Camaro purchase just yet. I think you have to wait until they bring out the pricing. The good news is, once the pricing is out, the GMS pricing should be out as well. I'd recommend that you double check the familyfirst website once your dad gets a login. Hope that helps.

-Tim


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.