Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Indy Camaro SS Engine Startup Vid!!! Mean as hell! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6995)

fbird777 09-22-2008 02:06 AM

Indy Camaro SS Engine Startup Vid!!! Mean as hell!

The SS sounds mean as hell!!!

BBfan24 09-22-2008 02:13 AM

that was awesome

bouncertime 09-22-2008 02:23 AM

Sounds nice, wish he would of revved it.

fastrat350 09-22-2008 02:41 AM

that sounded nice!!

fbird777 09-22-2008 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouncertime (Post 135161)
Sounds nice, wish he would of revved it.

Here is the reason for no revving:

http://gs80.photobucket.com/groups/j...t=MOV00213.flv

RSHugger 09-22-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbird777 (Post 135170)

:paddle: That does not sound like a very good explanation... sounds like someone blowing smoke...

I think Scott had made an earlier comment stating that they were still working on the exhaust note. That is a more likely explanation than trying to say the ECM is STILL in the learn mode... it is always in the learn mode :rolleyes:

Agree... what we hear so far is very nice.

Rocks RS 09-22-2008 07:24 AM

THAT IS HOW ALL CARS SHOULD SOUND!!!

headpunter 09-22-2008 09:22 AM

that car was having problems and did recieve a new ecm they spent many hours trying to get it to work so trust him thats why

RSHugger 09-22-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 135269)
that car was having problems and did recieve a new ecm they spent many hours trying to get it to work so trust him thats why

got... still working out bugs... need to remember these are still not production units... still working out bugs and massaging to meet our expectations. Thank you for the clarification. :thumbsup:

radz28 09-22-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSHugger (Post 135197)
:paddle: That does not sound like a very good explanation... sounds like someone blowing smoke...

I think Scott had made an earlier comment stating that they were still working on the exhaust note. That is a more likely explanation than trying to say the ECM is STILL in the learn mode... it is always in the learn mode :rolleyes:

Agree... what we hear so far is very nice.

FWIW; many times, after disconnecting my battery overnight, when I start the car, it has to learn how to idle. After a few minutes it will run just like usual, but for the first couple, I have to keep it from stalling while it relearns, so...

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 135269)

:word:

Emher 09-22-2008 10:43 AM

Pretty nice, but someone needs a separate directional microphone to go with their camera. If they had had that I promise you this would have sound a lot better.

Jak 09-22-2008 10:50 AM

Ooooo, sweet sounding music.:clap:

rmyers 09-22-2008 10:50 AM

Butterfly Valves?

Does anyone know if the new Camaro will have exhaust butterfly valves like the new Corvettes? And if so, can we expect to see the same type of situation with the fuse that can be simply pulled out to have the butterfly valves open all the time?

I apologize, if this has been covered, I did not read the whole thread.

Ron

fireresq157 09-22-2008 10:57 AM

I've had 3 4th gen camaros, 2 v6's and a v8, The 2 new that I bought(v6) all did that early in the mornings in fact most cars do that early in the morning, the V8 I have included. When the weather is cooler down here in Florida the humidity in the exhaust can condensate on the way out. Thats not to say theres other stuff involved in it like running rich. Theres always the posibility a little oil is being burned and like he said it was just reprogramed. I've heard it takes 25-40 miles of driving to adapt. Anyhow all the ones I've had do it for a couple of minutes the clear out even if you rev it up. The thing is most of us don't start the car and run to the back to watch the exhaust, so we don't notice it. Try it you may be surprised after a few times.:chevy:

USA1Camaro 09-22-2008 11:35 AM

The video was unexpected. I was watching them work on SS and just happened to be there when they said they were going to move it.

There was some fellow off to my left just babbling on. That's when I decided to get up close to the exhaust. I didn't know when they were going to throw it into reverse to move it.

USA1Camaro 09-22-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emher (Post 135339)
Pretty nice, but someone needs a separate directional microphone to go with their camera. If they had had that I promise you this would have sound a lot better.

I was there to take pictures originally. I hurried up and put the camera setting to video. The camera is new to me and it's hit and miss with quality.

fbodfather 09-22-2008 11:42 AM

NOT the stock exhaust system.......

that car was built in late fall of last year -- we are still working on final exhaust tone - it will sound better.

Automatic will not sound the same as manual with a V8 -- because the L99 has active fuel management. (Cylinder deactivation)

2010_5thgen 09-22-2008 11:47 AM

if its going to be louder than that(or sound better) i cant wait to hear it with the exhaust that will be offered from gmpp.

Mr Twisty 09-22-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 135400)

that car was built in late fall of last year -- we are still working on final exhaust tone - it will sound better.

Automatic will not sound the same as manual with a V8 -- because the L99 has active fuel management. (Cylinder deactivation)

OK, I have to ask, it was going to happen eventually. If I get the SS auto, and IF I put loud exhaust on it, what is my reaction going to be? Will I be able to get used to it and consider that's the price I gotta pay for having a loud L99?

BTW, Is Cheryl and the gang going to be in Texas? Also, could you bring a Camaro LS3 cutaway poster to Texxezz? My collection has a bare spot between the autographed DI V6 and L99 posters. Thank the gang for the autographs. The auction was a blast!

Mr Twisty 09-22-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA1Camaro (Post 135390)
There was some fellow off to my left just babbling on.

That was the cars daddy, did you hear what he said?

(see above fbodfather post, he repeated it for you here.)

"When fbodfather talks, camaro5 listens."

MerF 09-22-2008 12:34 PM

Oh man, if it sounds half that good, I'm happy. Bravo to the team, Mr. Scott.

fbird777 09-22-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 135400)

This is even better news, the SS is going to sound like a beast come production.:headbang:

USA1Camaro 09-22-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 135454)
That was the cars daddy, did you hear what he said?

(see above fbodfather post, he repeated it for you here.)

"When fbodfather talks, camaro5 listens."

No....in the first video. There were a couple guys carring on under the tree. On the second video they were talking about the ECM. I turned it off just as they were stating that the car was going to be leaving at 4:00 for Paris.

headpunter 09-22-2008 01:19 PM

it will sound even better with electric cut outs on it

96CAMaro 09-22-2008 01:35 PM

Was that the 6A or 6M?