Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   carID taking forever to ship order (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71362)

Pamaro 03-16-2010 10:59 AM

carID taking forever to ship order

Anyone had a long delay in processing/shipping from carID? I order a dash kit on 3/5/10 and it's still not out for delivery. 11 days seem excessive to me for just processing.

Xmicro_SS 03-16-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamaro (Post 1596073)
Anyone had a long delay in processing/shipping from carID? I order a dash kit on 3/5/10 and it's still not out for delivery. 11 days seem excessive to me for just processing.

I Ordered a Kit for my SKY. It is not just processing time. Each Kit is cut after ordering. Takes about 3 weeks.:D

Pamaro 03-16-2010 11:05 AM

Yikes, I had no idea! I figured they had everything in stock and pre-cut! Thanks for the info!

purplhaizcraz3 03-16-2010 02:06 PM

Which dash kit did you order? I was thinking about ordering the orange fiber kit awhile back but they didn't have any pics of it installed.

Pamaro 03-16-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplhaizcraz3 (Post 1596806)
Which dash kit did you order? I was thinking about ordering the orange fiber kit awhile back but they didn't have any pics of it installed.

That's the one I ordered! I saw a car done with it at one of the meetups here in DFW and it was GREAT! It comes with too many pieces IMHO, so I won't be using them all. If you do all of them, it could be a little too much orange!

Michael_Js 03-16-2010 03:21 PM

I was thinking about their stuff also. Are they just peel-n-stick applications? How does the finish look after they're on? Bulky?

thanks

SSOOCH 03-16-2010 03:43 PM

The only thing I've ordered from carid.com was a Lloyd's trunk mat. I got it in a week.

Xmicro_SS 03-16-2010 09:37 PM

9 Attachment(s)
I have the Red/ Black Carbon Fiber kit in my SKY. It is real Carbon Fiber, with 3M adhesive on back and a resin coating over it. It is REALLY hard to photograph and looks more subtle in person. I though of doing the same kit on the Camaro as well.

Here are the pics of the SKY.

Inferno2SSRS 03-17-2010 01:05 AM

Its also better that there kits are built to order, because would you want a kit that has been on a shelf for months to years gathering dust, or a new kit made just the way you order looking brand new and ready to install.

And great pics XMicro!!!

Pamaro 03-18-2010 12:11 PM

Just got notice that it has shipped and will be here tomorrow, so it took 2 weeks, not 3. Works for me!

The kit looks great installed...not bulky or cheesy or anything!

Michael_Js 03-18-2010 12:59 PM

I just ordered from them yesterday, so we'll see - the basic kit, in black ;)

Xmicro_SS 03-18-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamaro (Post 1605904)
Just got notice that it has shipped and will be here tomorrow, so it took 2 weeks, not 3. Works for me!

The kit looks great installed...not bulky or cheesy or anything!

I ordered mine for the SKY when it first came out, I looked it up and it took 17 days. S0 you are about right!

Post pics once your done.......take your time with the install, once the adhesive touches, if you pull it off, it never sticks right after that!

Test fit all the pieces first, I had to trim a couple o my liking, and make sure you use the promoter they give you after you clean the surface.