Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Bubbles in fresh Clear bra normal? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71945)

Mr Smith 03-19-2010 09:35 AM

Bubbles in fresh Clear bra normal?

Had the front end of my car covered in VentureShield on Tuesday...After coming back twice to pick it up late I noticed there were some bubbles and what looked like soap streaks in certain areas. I asked the installer and he said it was just like window tint and would go away after a couple weeks. Anyone see and truth in this cause I think hes full of sh*t and did a crappy job. :facepalm:

Cars been in the garage till today..I plan to have it sitting in the sun for the day to see if some of this crap dries up.

Junkman2008 03-19-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Smith (Post 1609805)
Had the front end of my car covered in VentureShield on Tuesday...After coming back twice to pick it up late I noticed there were some bubbles and what looked like soap streaks in certain areas. I asked the installer and he said it was just like window tint and would go away after a couple weeks. Anyone see and truth in this cause I think hes full of sh*t and did a crappy job. :facepalm:

Cars been in the garage till today..I plan to have it sitting in the sun for the day to see if some of this crap dries up.

You go back there and take some pictures of the bubbles. Then, make them put that the bubbles will disappear in a couple of weeks on your receipt or that they will fix them. That sounds like total BS. I have never heard of that being the case and I have seen a lot of clear bras.

67 Convertible 03-19-2010 09:42 AM

He's probably right, if they're small bubbles. They should disappear if you let it sit in the hot sun for a few days. If not, prick them with a pin and work the bubble to the pin hole with your fingers. I had a couple with my rally stripes after installation, they're all gone now.

R1CH 03-19-2010 09:46 AM

Some minor bubbles will come out... but if they are really bad then they might not. I'd do like junkman said. Make sure that he guarantees you that they will eventually clear up.

Junkman2008 03-19-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 Convertible (Post 1609825)
He's probably right, if they're small bubbles. They should disappear if you let it sit in the hot sun for a few days. If not, prick them with a pin and work the bubble to the pin hole with your fingers. I had a couple with my rally stripes after installation, they're all gone now.

I wouldn't touch that bra at all! That's what he paid THEM to do. It is not his responsibility. He paid them, they should fix it. If he does anything to that bra, they could void his warranty!

Mr Smith 03-19-2010 10:19 AM

I know the kid that works down there...He went to school with my kids. I dont think theres an issue with getting them to fix it..I was just wondering if its normal or not. For the most part it looks ok but theres a couple of spots that look like crap.

bng804 03-19-2010 10:29 AM

Yes, some small bubbles and a streaky appearance is normal, at least to some extent. I used to install them professionally, and just like window film, the fluid used in application will take a bit of time to completely dry out. If possible, let it sit in the warm sun and it will expediate the evaporation of the fluid. If after a couple of weeks of dry time you still have bubbles, take it back to the installer.

Mr Smith 03-19-2010 11:11 AM

Cool...Just what I wanted. An installer or two to chime in. :w00t: Could I maybe take a hair dryer to it to help this process out or should I just leave it alone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bng804 (Post 1609983)
Yes, some small bubbles and a streaky appearance is normal, at least to some extent. I used to install them professionally, and just like window film, the fluid used in application will take a bit of time to completely dry out. If possible, let it sit in the warm sun and it will expediate the evaporation of the fluid. If after a couple of weeks of dry time you still have bubbles, take it back to the installer.

Junkman2008 03-19-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Smith (Post 1610149)
Cool...Just what I wanted. An installer or two to chime in. :w00t: Could I maybe take a hair dryer to it to help this process out or should I just leave it alone?

Why would YOU mess it and take a chance at voiding your warranty?

Mr Smith 03-19-2010 11:41 AM

I guess if I didnt say it in a public forum wheres thousands of people visit, it didnt happen...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkman2008 (Post 1610214)
Why would YOU mess it and take a chance at voiding your warranty?

bng804 03-19-2010 11:59 AM

I wouldn't mess with trying to speed up the drying process. The sun is the best thing for curing it out. As long as it's not below freezing outside (above 50F would be best) just let it sit in the sun. The film is actually porous and the moisture will evaporate through the film. The warmer and sunnier it is, the faster it will happen. ;)

Junkman2008 03-19-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Smith (Post 1610264)
I guess if I didnt say it in a public forum wheres thousands of people visit, it didnt happen...

:sm0:

Mr Smith 03-19-2010 12:41 PM

Right on...Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bng804 (Post 1610334)
I wouldn't mess with trying to speed up the drying process. The sun is the best thing for curing it out. As long as it's not below freezing outside (above 50F would be best) just let it sit in the sun. The film is actually porous and the moisture will evaporate through the film. The warmer and sunnier it is, the faster it will happen. ;)

htp autoworks 03-19-2010 01:00 PM

Hey I am a ventuerShield isntaller and what you are stating sounds normal. It has to cure just like tint does and normally takes a week or so to fully cure out. If it takes longer then take it back and have him look at it. Sometimes there is a little touching up required to finish the job. It all depends on how good the installer is. but what you are describing is very normal and there is no need to worry. PM me if you have any questions. I will be out of town this weekend for work but will try and check it.