Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Vinyl Rally Stripes (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7961)

Ry4nVan 10-10-2008 08:20 PM

Vinyl Rally Stripes
 
I've come to the conclusion that I want the SS with Silver Ice Metallic color and cyber gray rally stripes. But because they won't be factory painted... I'm really curious as to what vinyl stripes look like on the vehicle. I'm worried that vinyl stripes would look bad against a beautiful silver ice paint. Basically, I don't want my nice Camaro to have shitty looking stripes on the hood.

Does anyone have any good pictures of vinyl rally stripes on any car? I'm really curious to see what vinyl looks like on a nice car. If possible, something close to what cyber gray looks like.

Thanks!

headpunter 10-10-2008 08:42 PM

from a distance you dont even notice the difference. pretty much no car come with factory painted stripes. Also these arent the shitty vinyl pieces you see on ricer cars driving around, these are going to be OEM quality. and if you are going to be getting cyber grey stripes you are picking one of the two least to be messed up stripe colors. they are going to do a good job. The car is marketed as part of GM's Renaissance. so they arent going to offer it with an option that will make it look Shitty. it will be high quality.

Stig 10-10-2008 08:44 PM

Open Google.

Type "vinyl stripes"

Press IMAGES.

Enjoy pictures.

Ry4nVan 10-10-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stig (Post 152477)
Open Google.

Type "vinyl stripes"

Press IMAGES.

Enjoy pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...rch2008gas.jpg

yup, you're right! I guess those stripes aren't so bad :laugh:

13F20 10-10-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 152475)
from a distance you dont even notice the difference. pretty much no car come with factory painted stripes. Also these arent the shitty vinyl pieces you see on ricer cars driving around, these are going to be OEM quality. and if you are going to be getting cyber grey stripes you are picking one of the two least to be messed up stripe colors. they are going to do a good job. The car is marketed as part of GM's Renaissance. so they arent going to offer it with an option that will make it look Shitty. it will be high quality.

What is the other color not to be messed up? I am getting Cyber gray w/ Black rally stripes.

13F20 10-10-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ry4nVan (Post 152490)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...rch2008gas.jpg

yup, you're right! I guess those stripes aren't so bad :laugh:

That has got to be the dumbest looking any thing to do to a car. Man I swear if I ever get hit by a car that looks like that from the guy loosing control i will sue the shit out of him. That car was never designed for wheels that large. there is not safety or handling ability left there.
:sm0::sm0::sm0::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ucla1ove3 10-10-2008 09:05 PM

and is it me or is his taillight busted lol. cause i don't think thats his blinker

HeldonSS 10-10-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ry4nVan (Post 152448)
I've come to the conclusion that I want the SS with Silver Ice Metallic color and cyber gray rally stripes. But because they won't be factory painted... I'm really curious as to what vinyl stripes look like on the vehicle. I'm worried that vinyl stripes would look bad against a beautiful silver ice paint. Basically, I don't want my nice Camaro to have shitty looking stripes on the hood.

The stripes won't look bad. However,the stripes will never shine as much as the paint. I know the painted stripes would look better...the cyber gray would be "metallic" and shine. I had the Hugger orange stripes painted on my 30th Ann. a few months ago. The look is so much better!

TAG UR IT 10-11-2008 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yep...here ya go!

Pretty good looking, no?

shank0668 10-11-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 (Post 152509)
and is it me or is his taillight busted lol. cause i don't think thats his blinker

or he snaped the shot right at the turn signal

Supermans 10-11-2008 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 152773)
yep...here ya go!

Pretty good looking, no?

Are those decal's or painted?

Scooter 10-11-2008 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 152773)
yep...here ya go!

Pretty good looking, no?

They look awsome!!!!

Hylton 10-11-2008 08:32 AM

I am surprised at all this talk about vinyl stripes. It's as if it is a new concept or something. The last time stripes were painted on a Camaro was 1974. Am I missing something here? :iono:

nUcLeArEnVoY 10-11-2008 08:38 AM

Vinyl is the way to go either way. Sometimes it looks better for the stripe to stand out, which it does when it's vinyl. If it is painted and covered in clear, it will blend in with the specularity of the car's shine a little too much. Most importantly, getting them painted on is way too permanent a decision.

kdbolt70 10-11-2008 09:06 AM

Slightly off topic, but could anyone find some comparison shots of the black rally's vs the cyber gray rally's on a red car? I don't know what would look better... If cyber gray was decent I'd go that route just to have it factory installed, but I have a feeling black is going to look much better...

TAG UR IT 10-11-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 152808)
Are those decal's or painted?

At first, I thought they were painted because they looked so darn good. But then, I looked closer and it looked as though there was an increadibly slight ridge at the edge of the stripe. I tried to find the best pic to show that.

But, these looked like decals to me.

I COULD BE WRONG. Because they looked too damn good to be decals. If this is what decals are like, they looked perfect!!!

Supermans 10-11-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 152847)
At first, I thought they were painted because they looked so darn good. But then, I looked closer and it looked as though there was an increadibly slight ridge at the edge of the stripe. I tried to find the best pic to show that.

But, these looked like decals to me.

I COULD BE WRONG. Because they looked too damn good to be decals. If this is what decals are like, they looked perfect!!!

You're right, the ridges on the edge of the pin-stripe look raised a bit, so It is a decal. However I've never seen decal's that shiny before so I wonder if this is the black or cyber grey metallic stripes, as from the picture and my small crappy monitor, it is hard to tell.

Stig 10-11-2008 11:54 AM

TAG!!!

Where did you get that pic from, and do you have more. I want to see that whole car!!!

Crowley 10-11-2008 01:09 PM

Just wondering about the durability of the vinyl? Will it peel? How about when you wax your car .. any issues?

thanks,
Crowley

headpunter 10-11-2008 01:17 PM

from what i just read, you can wax right over the stripes

fad1 10-11-2008 01:37 PM

I remember my friend telling me he power washed the car and the vinyl just peeled off. I laughed at it at first, but then I started to wonder..... What about the Camaro ?

Mr_Draco 10-11-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fad1 (Post 152984)
I remember my friend telling me he power washed the car and the vinyl just peeled off. I laughed at it at first, but then I started to wonder..... What about the Camaro ?

good question however I never power wash my car, I always hand wash it, but still would be nice to know.

ucla1ove3 10-11-2008 02:48 PM

yea they are vinyl, you can tell cause of the bottom right hand corner of the stripes are raised a bit.
and as for power washing, hell if i know. i don't think they would but i don't power wash my cars for my parents like that, i use the hose, a couple buckets of car wash mixed with water. a couple micro fiber cloths. some wax. etc. etc.

Ctrain24 10-11-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley (Post 152969)
Just wondering about the durability of the vinyl? Will it peel?

thanks,
Crowley

That's what I want to know. I'm sure they'll look great when we first buy the car, but what about five years later?

TAG UR IT 10-11-2008 11:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Stig. That was just the orange vert. Nothing new...sorry.

But sure, I have more.

Vinyl shouldn't peel....and I've heard it's stayed on cars for 20+ years no problem. I honestly don't think the vinyl will be a problem at all. GM wouldn't want their cars looking like crap out on the roads in 5 years... B A D B U S I N E S S.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.