Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Help me convince madre Oct. 13th is not a scam! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7992)

SimC33 10-11-2008 03:36 PM

Help me convince madre Oct. 13th is not a scam!
 
Ok so I am 20 years old and my mother is the CEO of a Credit Union here where I live. Well lets just say she handles all my money and I told her I was gonna need $500 monday morning to put the deposit down. Now she doesn't care that I want to order the car. But when I told her that there wasn't any paperwork prior to monday she freaked out.

So Camaro5 guys/gals, what can I tell my mother that will convince her that the dealership isn't just trying to take my money? She thinks is crap that they want $500 dollars with no "OFFICIAL" paperwork. Please help me!!!


Joey

Mr_Draco 10-11-2008 03:46 PM

Easy. Tell her they aren't going to see the money much less touch it until you have a signed contract saying that it is 100% refundable until the car goes to production.

SimC33 10-11-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 153057)
Easy. Tell her they aren't going to see the money much less touch it until you have a signed contract saying that it is 100% refundable until the car goes to production.


The salesman that I talked to said that he would give me a receipt and didn't really mention any other form of documentation. Is there some sort of paper work I can get with that receipt?

GothamCamaro 10-11-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimC33 (Post 153064)
The salesman that I talked to said that he would give me a receipt and didn't really mention any other form of documentation. Is there some sort of paper work I can get with that receipt?

Request from a dealer a signed contract saying that it is 100% refundable until the car goes to production.

He says no, you say goodbye.

Mr_Draco 10-11-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamCamaro (Post 153069)
Request from a dealer a signed contract saying that it is 100% refundable until the car goes to production.

He says no, you say goodbye.

QFT. If a dealer truly wants your money, they'll bend over backwards for you especially if the request is this small.

Wm Holden 10-11-2008 05:57 PM

Give it to the desk manager...not a lowly salesman...they'll go gamble the money away and move on to sell hondas....

The_Blur 10-11-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamCamaro (Post 153069)
Request from a dealer a signed contract saying that it is 100% refundable until the car goes to production.

He says no, you say goodbye.

:word: That is exactly what you need to do. Documentation is very compelling when your dealers decides that MSRP isn't enough later or that you forfeited the money for a place in line.

TAG UR IT 10-12-2008 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimC33 (Post 153064)
The salesman that I talked to said that he would give me a receipt and didn't really mention any other form of documentation. Is there some sort of paper work I can get with that receipt?

OOOooohh...that don't sound too good. Don't fall for that one. Get that darn documentation!

SimC33 10-12-2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 153535)
OOOooohh...that don't sound too good. Don't fall for that one. Get that darn documentation!


I would love to! But what documentation can I SPECIFICALLY ask for?! I have no clue.

Oh and P.S. TAG, it seems to occur to me that me and you are always the late/early birds on here EVERY NIGHT! haha

camaro5 10-12-2008 02:15 AM

Problem solved...Show her the website.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi...y/?id=cid00031

Order a 2010 Camaro Coupe Starting October 13th. Chevy is pleased to announce that the day you've been waiting for has arrived you can submit an order for a 2010 Chevy Camaro (scheduled to be available spring 2009) starting Monday, October 13, 2008.

SimC33 10-12-2008 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 153549)
Problem solved...Show her the website.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi...y/?id=cid00031

Order a 2010 Camaro Coupe Starting October 13th. Chevy is pleased to announce that the day you've been waiting for has arrived you can submit an order for a 2010 Chevy Camaro (scheduled to be available spring 2009) starting Monday, October 13, 2008.


Hmm I didn't notice they had put this up on there! This will help ALOT, but I still need to ask my salesman for SOME written proof that I will get my car and its refundable and blah blah...

camaro5 10-12-2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimC33 (Post 153551)
Hmm I didn't notice they had put this up on there! This will help ALOT, but I still need to ask my salesman for SOME written proof that I will get my car and its refundable and blah blah...

They should write a receipt, or maybe you would want to make one up and have them sign it.

I gotta tell ya...I ordered a new Corvette, and didn't get refundable deposit in writing. When the car came in, they wanted to - let's say not offer an acceptable deal on trades or financing.

I told them to give me my trade cars keys and my $1000 deposit back. The weasels say "That wasn't a deposit, that was a partial payment":mad0260: "It's non-refundable"

I used to sell cars years ago, and know the law. I told them I would have the FL State Attorney General's Office explain the law to them. They folded and gave me my money back.

It's your money until that car rolls all four tires over their curb, onto the public streets.

But, get a receipt and save yourself the argument, and hopefully, you'll have no issues. Whew! That was a lot of typing. :)

Sterling 10-12-2008 02:36 AM

When they put your order into the system, it will generate a number that will allow you to track it. They will be able to print something out for you to prove that the car has been ordered.

headpunter 10-12-2008 02:42 AM

tell her that GM isnt going to make a claim like that and have it be a scam. they would get raped in court if they did.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.