Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   TPE Kenne Bell Camaro results!! Pics and Video! H@ly SH@T!!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80404)

Total_Perf_Eng 04-29-2010 12:05 AM

TPE Kenne Bell Camaro results!! Pics and Video! H@ly SH@T!!!
 
11 Attachment(s)
As featured on CAMARO5 HOMEPAGE.





Hey Guys,

In keeping with our tradition of scaring the hell out of our customers with high HP, FAST Kenne Bell cars, we have suceeded with this new 2010 SS2 RS. It is the proud child of member "Spankt U".

All I can say is HOLY SH!T!!!!!!!!!

This thing is a freaking animal...

First off, we show EVERYTHING in the video, in order to answer most everyones questions. We ran every single run at 192* engine temp, and the blower was hot hot hot. We had little to no cooling, and the IAT's were in the mid 130's. So this was by far no "Cool down run". If anything, it was the exact opposite. I would have preferred to run it with the blower cooler, as it doesnt normally run that hot on the street. Its just that we had done multiple back to back runs, with no cool down time. We also ran it with the hood closed.

This run was witnessed by Cody of Wicked HP (Thanks for hangin out with me Cody) Our VERY FIRST pull, made 573rwhp, 540lb torque. We logged boost at 7.54lbs. We have video, datalogs, and pictures if anyone cares to see. This was on the stock KB tune. The a/f was between 11.5 and 11.6:1

Our highest rwtq, was actually the run previous to this one. We made 567lbtq. :D:happyanim:. But we had a little knock at 6200, so I scaled it back 2*.

In the end, I got this bad boy making 582rwhp 544rwtq. :headbang::headbang::bow:. I guarantee you, had Cody not had reservations for his steak dinner tonight, I could have broken the 600rwhp, 550rwtq mark. I had another pulley, that I was gonna run, that would have put me at about 9psi, and I am 100% positive I could have pulled 620rwhp, 585-590rwtq. :D.

We are sitting extremely conservative, seeing a MAX of 11.6:1. Our logs show an average pf 11.46:1 (were commanding 11.5). Had we gotten a little more aggressive with timing, and played with fueling, we would have gotten there, But we were going for a daily driven street car, that would survive on 89 octane if necessary.

The car is running Doug Thorley shorties, and their catted street exhaust. History tells us that shorties do nothing but take money out of the buyers wallet on these LS motors. Had we had Long tubes, a good catback, and played with the tune some more, we would have definately been in the 620 range with 8psi. 9-10 psi, and we would have been in the 630-650 range.

But hey, Im sure he can be happy with 582rwhp 544rwtq on a virtually STOCK car, with only 7.34psi..:thumbsup::drinking:Boys and girls, that is OVER 700hp at the flywheel using an 18% loss factor. At 15% it IS 700hp.


So Steve, is a 700hp Camaro enough for you buddy????:laugh::happyanim:

Sorry Gary, but you've been De-throned..:w00t::laugh: (just playin buddy)

We will be sure to post up STD numbers so they can be compared against a few other graphs on this board that use the higher STD correction factor. STD should put us around 606rwhp 567rwtq.


Good luck on your new found power Steve. TPE is NOT responsible for large quantities of speeding tickets. Wait a minute, yeah we are.....:drinking:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...0Camaro001.jpg










OLDER POSTS FROM THE OTHER THREAD:


Last Week, whiole we were driving out to Socal to pick up 8 more boxes of Kenne Bell blowers, we stopped off in Apple Valley, Ca to do a quick courtsey pick up for a fellow Camaro5.com member SPANKT U.

We figured some of you guys would like to see some build up shots, so you can see whats involved in the install. Unfortunately, getting one of my mechanics to actually take chronological pictures is near impossible, so your gonna have to put 2 and 2 together.. :D

The car is a BEAUTIFULL SS2 RS, with next to no miles. Its soo clean you could eat off of it.

It currently has:

Doug Thorley shorty headers
Doug Thorley cat back
Hurst shifter

Were installing:

Kenne Bell 2.8 Supercharger (Polished)
Lowering Springs
Tune

We have a ton more pictures being loaded, as shes already completed, so check back soon for the final product, along with the dyno numbers.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro025.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro046.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro043.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro047.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro061.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro062.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro065.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro084.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro069.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Camaro065.jpg


Attachment 123964

Attachment 123965

Attachment 123966

Attachment 123967

Attachment 123968

Attachment 123969

Attachment 123970

Attachment 123971

Attachment 123972

Attachment 123973

Attachment 123974

Total_Perf_Eng 04-29-2010 12:28 AM

I did everything I can to post the video. Unfortunately, this forum isnt like some of the others I have been on, so I dont know how.

Instead, I just posted the link. Can someone please post the actual video? Or, just tell me how..

BTW, Hear that baby GROWL?!?!?!?!

SonnyakaPig 04-29-2010 01:35 AM

Great numbers. I really would love to see the vid, but the link didn't work for me. Probably was my computer having the issues though.

Quick question, with that kind of power that this car is putting down, how much of a difference would 2 1/2" exhaust compared to 3" exhaust make for hp and tq?

Edit: I think Photobucket was doing some site maintenance when I clicked on the link. Looking forward to hearing her scream soon.

SonnyakaPig 04-29-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng (Post 1783839)




We have video, datalogs, and pictures if anyone cares to see. This was on the stock KB tune. The a/f was between 11.5 and 11.6:1

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...0Camaro001.jpg

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ve_Iverson.flv

That's what I wanted to see. Very nice. :D

I love how the hp line jumps from just below 350 rwhp to 470 rwhp between 3500 rpms and 4500 rpms. That's over 120 rwhp in 1000 rpms. And it's a great place for that kind of jump too, because when you're trying to conserve gas and drive mellow, you can stay below 3500 rpms with your shifting and then as soon as you just step on the throttle at tad harder, BAM! you're off.

Plus you have all that low end torque for tire roasting fun. haha. 500 ft/lbs at 2800 rpms, damn.

Total_Perf_Eng 04-29-2010 02:03 AM

We have tested the differences between 2 1/2 and 3" multiple times. When you have comparably flowing systems, you will see little to no difference in power between the 2. If you have a corked up 2 1/2" exhaust, the the 3" will show a very large improvement.

I prefer 2 1/2" over 3". Its easier to manuever around the body, and rear cradle. But ONLY if its a very free flowing system.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig (Post 1784120)
Great numbers. I really would love to see the vid, but the link didn't work for me. Probably was my computer having the issues though.

Quick question, with that kind of power that this car is putting down, how much of a difference would 2 1/2" exhaust compared to 3" exhaust make for hp and tq?

Edit: I think Photobucket was doing some site maintenance when I clicked on the link. Looking forward to hearing her scream soon.


Total_Perf_Eng 04-29-2010 02:09 AM

BTW, this car is going to Apple Valley, Ca. I think that is extremely close to you. Steve, the owner is a super cool guy, so I'm sure, that if you asked, he'd be more than happy to show you just how it feels.

As for people saying that this type of torque is useless, and that you will just roast your tires; well, I can say their wrong on soo many levels. These cars aren't light by any stretch of the imagination. Believe it or not, they hook EXTREMELY well due to the weight.. After they haze the tires a tad, this car takes off like a raped ape..

Muscle Master 04-29-2010 02:18 AM

This is How you post youtube vids

and :needpics:

SonnyakaPig 04-29-2010 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng (Post 1784164)
BTW, this car is going to Apple Valley, Ca. I think that is extremely close to you. Steve, the owner is a super cool guy, so I'm sure, that if you asked, he'd be more than happy to show you just how it feels.

As for people saying that this type of torque is useless, and that you will just roast your tires; well, I can say their wrong on soo many levels. These cars aren't light by any stretch of the imagination. Believe it or not, they hook EXTREMELY well due to the weight.. After they haze the tires a tad, this car takes off like a raped ape..

Thank you very much for the info on my question about exhausts.

I hear you loud and clear about the usability of the low end torque. It just comes down to the driver most of the time. With some practice and like you said, getting the tires warmed up, these bad boys will hook and then turn into rockets.

I've been a passanger in a short test drive of a K/B blown L99 and I couldn't believe the power.

Oh, and I just checked out the vid. I love the sound of the K/B.

And you're right, Apple Valley isn't too far at all.

Total_Perf_Eng 04-29-2010 03:07 AM

GOT IT!!

Thank you sir.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 1784176)
This is How you post youtube vids

and :needpics:


cfcoates 04-29-2010 03:26 AM

Wow! Great results Jeff :D I have been losing sleep over the excitement of having you install my KB next weekend, and this is just going to make it worse :headbang:

LasT_ResorT_G8 04-29-2010 06:15 AM

Wowwwwww, thats beautiful, enough to make a grown man cry lol.

AlSuwaidi 04-29-2010 06:19 AM

WOW congratz on the great build!

orange10s.c. 04-29-2010 07:07 AM

Nice Jeff but not by that much !!!!!

99-LS1-SS 04-29-2010 08:24 AM

First off, those are impressive numbers for not having anything more done to the car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng (Post 1783839)
We are sitting extremely conservative, seeing a MAX of 11.6:1. Our logs show an average pf 11.46:1 (were commanding 11.5). Had we gotten a little more aggressive with timing, and played with fueling, we would have gotten there, But we were going for a daily driven street car, that would survive on 89 octane if necessary.

What would you say the average timing is in the WOT area of the timing table? I'm sitting around 15-16 degrees and I don't see any knock but I'm also a little richer than this car at ~11.1:1 at WOT. How much am I leaving on the table with the extra .4-.5 of fuel that I have? I'm tuning my car myself so I'm sneaking up on the peak power very slowly.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng (Post 1783839)
But hey, Im sure he can be happy with 582rwhp 544rwtq on a virtually STOCK car, with only 7.34psi..:thumbsup::drinking:Boys and girls, that is OVER 700hp at the flywheel using an 18% loss factor. At 15% it IS 700hp.

I'm surprised at how much more power the KB makes over the TVS. I wonder if the size is a factor or if they are significantly more efficient? I have a 2300 and I've only got 6.5 lbs of boost with a super conservative tune and I would guess I'm making right around 500 rwhp to the wheels.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng (Post 1783839)
Good luck on your new found power Steve. TPE is NOT responsible for large quantities of speeding tickets. Wait a minute, yeah we are.....:drinking:

LOL!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.