Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pricing Poll - Impact on purchase? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8086)

rolnslo 10-13-2008 11:50 AM

Pricing Poll - Impact on purchase?
 
Given the somewhat mixed reactions over the prices, I wanted to see where everyone stands on the base (MSRP) prices for what they are/were going to purchase.

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 11:52 AM

I thought it was gonna be a little cheaper but 30K was my limit, and my car will be 29,775.

Jamestwilliams 10-13-2008 11:55 AM

Honestly the prices were exactly what I thought they would be. That's right in line with a challenger RT. Though in the RT the tremec six speed is a 2000 dollar (canadian) option meaning the Challenger should be $2000 more than the Camaro equally equiped.

Ps. If you price the G8 GT on pontiacs website it states that the GT is the most powerful car under $30000 (US). So if you take that into consideration GM couldn't price the Camaro under $30000, making the price they gave as cheap as possible remember the price we got for it includes a $700+ destination charge, putting MSRP just barely over $30000.

CWI 10-13-2008 11:58 AM

I'm not surprised at all. I actually had expected the SS to be a bit higher than the $33 to $34,000 loaded like most people were guessing. It has no impact on my decision to order today. Guessing at option pricing, I expect to come in around $39,000 or a tiny bit higher before I do my first burnout right there on the dealers lot.:blackvertshift::character0182:

linkwpc 10-13-2008 12:05 PM

I want the HUD, so I'm waiting on until the 2011 one.

CWI 10-13-2008 12:05 PM

37% already for SS. It's early but looks like GM could sell a few more than anticipated. I do realize i't mostly enthusiasts right now. Let's see the numbers a few pages from now. BTW WOW, 22 pages on the price release in 10 hours. That's hotter than the release info back in July:bump:

rolnslo 10-13-2008 12:08 PM

I was planning on a 1LT/RS plus the C&C option, premium audio, and Red Jewel but with TTL, it pushed the price to nearly $30k. That's a couple k's more than I was planning/hoping for. I'm still trying to figure out how adding foglights and alloy wheels to the base LS pushes the price up $1600 for the 1LT? :iono:

Heck, even the great deal base LS is pushing $25k with TTL included.

I'm actually rethinking my timeline for purchase. I had hoped to place my order in the spring but I think I'll be waiting until late 2009 and see if dealers are "dealing" on prices by then. Worst case, I'll just go in on my 35th birthday (Dec. 22nd) next year and see what kind of mid-life crisis discount I can get finangle out of a dealership that has the options and color I'm looking for.

Besides, if I wait that long, all the early people will be able to find the initial 1st model year bugs and my car will be solid. I hope. :w00t:

headpunter 10-13-2008 12:08 PM

my dealer is at invoice so im figuring 8-10% off msrp so hell ya im ordering asap

Captain Awesome 10-13-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 155439)
I want the HUD, so I'm waiting on until the 2011 one.

Well, it looks like they are willing to listen to the buyers on blue and on the polished wheels, so maybe there is hope they will listen to us about the HUD too. That would be a completely AWESOME thing for them to do and would show that GM is committed to delivering quality products with respect to their customers desires. That would really show the competition how much GM cares about their buyers!

This poll is missing a choice for "I love the pricing but am not going to buy because options and/or colors I want are not available...yet."

brantley847 10-13-2008 12:13 PM

I suppose an SS2/RS at 36 isnt bad, but the issue will be after taxes...thats still going to run us around 39. However, the SS1/RS package is not bad....not bad at all....this takes a lil bit of the sting away from having no imperial blue...

who knows..we will see how it all unfolds once the Vert hits lots, maybe the coupe will drop a tad.

CHVY4LF 10-13-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 155447)
I was planning on a 1LT/RS plus the C&C option, premium audio, and Red Jewel but with TTL, it pushed the price to nearly $30k. That's a couple k's more than I was planning/hoping for. I'm still trying to figure out how adding foglights and alloy wheels to the base LS pushes the price up $1600 for the 1LT? :iono:

Heck, even the great deal base LS is pushing $25k with TTL included.

I'm actually rethinking my timeline for purchase. I had hoped to place my order in the spring but I think I'll be waiting until late 2009 and see if dealers are "dealing" on prices by then. Worst case, I'll just go in on my 35th birthday (Dec. 22nd) next year and see what kind of mid-life crisis discount I can get finangle out of a dealership that has the options and color I'm looking for.

Besides, if I wait that long, all the early people will be able to find the initial 1st model year bugs and my car will be solid. I hope. :w00t:

The 1LT also gets a different interior,The cloth on the seats change, thats what its such a jump

rolnslo 10-13-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHVY4LF (Post 155555)
The 1LT also gets a different interior,The cloth on the seats change, thats what its such a jump

Has this been confirmed? I know there is typically a cheap and an expensive cloth interior but I thought GM had moved away from that.

ChrisB 10-13-2008 01:23 PM

I wanted 2LT RS but now with those prices i might pass on the RS, i mean 1450$ for HID and wheels 1 inch bigger i dont see the need for it anymore

GoldFire 10-13-2008 01:33 PM

I was planning on getting a 2SS/RS, but it was just too much and more than I expected so I had to settle for the 2LT/RS. I am still pumped to get the car, but also dissapointed I won't be getting the V8.

RCowan 10-13-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 155448)
my dealer is at invoice so im figuring 8-10% off msrp so hell ya im ordering asap


Like headpunter said, you have to consider that these prices have some fat built into them that can be trimmed off. After the tire smoke dies down, a 1SS under 30k should be easily doable. When I got my 99SS vert it was more than 10% off MSRP.

GameOver620 10-13-2008 02:19 PM

This may sound unreasonable but if GM lowered the price of every model by about 3k, I think that their sales will sky rocket. But that's just my opinion

Emher 10-13-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 155439)
I want the HUD, so I'm waiting on until the 2011 one.

Same here, or when I have the money if I don't by then.

When that time comes though it's 2SS/RS or 2LT/RS if I'm very impressed with the LT.

Mr_Draco 10-13-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emher (Post 156261)
Same here, or when I have the money if I don't by then.

When that time comes though it's 2SS/RS or 2LT/RS if I'm very impressed with the LT.

Yea me too. One good thing about waiting till then is hopefully by then you'll find one 2-3k below MSRP.

The_Blur 10-13-2008 02:48 PM

I need to wait for some significant incentive to buy mine. I was banking on $30k. Now, I need to wait until I can afford it. :(

dale88jramp 10-13-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameOver620 (Post 156236)
This may sound unreasonable but if GM lowered the price of every model by about 3k, I think that their sales will sky rocket. But that's just my opinion



I completely agree ... everyone talks about it being the same as the new mustang when it comes out ... why the same - make the camaro price cheaper, and we already know the camaro better in quality and features, it then becomes a no-brainer on which car to choose. Not that i'd EVER buy a Mustang ... just a little disappointed :cry: I'll probably be one to wait til it hits the used market ...

EllwynX 10-13-2008 04:03 PM

How about an option for

A little more expensive than expected, so I'll save for a few more months then get my SS.

fastball 10-13-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 156443)
How about an option for

A little more expensive than expected, so I'll save for a few more months then get my SS.

I second this.

I was expecting the SS1 to start at around 28k. To see it start at 31k is a little dissappointing. So, instead of me rushing out to order it, I will wait untill things loosen up on the price front. All I want is the RS package, moonroof, and the hurst shifter. But that would push the sticker to almost 34k. About 4k out of my range right now.

I'll wait untill you can get some bucks off at the dealers.

GameOver620 10-13-2008 05:07 PM

it's so crazy to hear people who have been dying to get this car for years and months now saying that they have to wait even longer or not get the car at all. i've only been a member since february and a fan of the car since the transformers movie. but to see others who are life long camaro fans be so upset should send a message to GM

Captain Awesome 10-13-2008 05:21 PM

I've been saving for this car since 2000 when I bought my last one. I can definitely afford it, but I am forced to wait because there's no HUD and no Blue color.

flaguy 10-13-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 156280)
I need to wait for some significant incentive to buy mine. I was banking on $30k. Now, I need to wait until I can afford it. :(

I'm right there with ya man. I still hope to get it, but ordering it in 2009 I think is out of the question. I think I'm going to have to wait until 2010. The only way I can see getting it before than is if they offer 0% before 2010 and I don't really see that happening.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.