Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Just placed my order at Foothill Ranch (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8108)

slick rick 10-13-2008 01:42 PM

Just placed my order at Foothill Ranch

I placed my order for a 1SS/RS, black exterior/interior, at Foothill Ranch Chevrolet with a $1,000 deposit that is refundable.

70 Auto Centre Drive
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

I could not get them to agree to MSRP. First they told me that they don't even know the prices yet which I replied back saying that they were just released and gave him the link. Then they told me that depending on the demand they will adjust their price.

I was the third person to order and the two before me went with 2SS fully loaded.

yotaman96 10-13-2008 01:53 PM

Get your deposit back and find another dealer.

Urthman 10-13-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotaman96 (Post 156290)
Get your deposit back and find another dealer.

+1

ChevyDealer 10-13-2008 02:09 PM

As a dealer.....I agree. Something shady there.

slick rick 10-13-2008 03:02 PM

Just went down to Power Chevrolet Irvine and they too would not agree to MSRP. They said they were taking orders but when I asked how much the deposit was, they replied saying they didn't know because their general manager didn't come in today.

21 Auto Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618-2803

slick rick 10-13-2008 05:38 PM

Based on the MSRP or lower thread, I called Richard Hibbard Chevrolet.

191 S. Indian Hill Blvd.
CLAREMONT, CA 91711
www.hibbardchevrolet.com

I spoke to Jim on the phone and asked if they were taking orders and if they would be at MSRP. Jim said yes to both so I told him I'd be down to get it in writing and put a deposit.

Once I got there the receptionist said that Jim had left for the day but a guy named Matt could help me. When I first talked to Matt I asked if they would be selling at MSRP. He confirmed that they would be but that they didn't know what the price was yet. I then asked if could order one but he told me that they weren't taking orders because his computer wouldn't let him yet. I told him that today orders were being taken so he said he would look again in his computer. After looking under the 2010 section he did confirm that I could build a Camaro. So I proceeded to tell him what I wanted and he entered all the information and printed it out for me to review. After reviewing I said great and could I get the MSRP price in writing and put my deposit down. Matt then said that since they didn't know what the MSRP price was that he couldn't take a deposit yet. He said that he would have Jim call me back and figure it out from there.

So far I'm not having any luck with SoCal dealers.

mfr1950 10-13-2008 05:43 PM

Good news, I'm 9th on the list at the dealer.. he got an allocation for 13 cars plus 6 more that could go at a later date. I'll stop in tomorrow and place my prelimnary order!!!

playhard67 10-13-2008 06:19 PM

Check out the post below from the Price Gouging Thread from bourg100. Get your money back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick rick (Post 156270)
I placed my order for a 1SS/RS, black exterior/interior, at Foothill Ranch Chevrolet with a $1,000 deposit that is refundable.

70 Auto Centre Drive
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

I could not get them to agree to MSRP. First they told me that they don't even know the prices yet which I replied back saying that they were just released and gave him the link. Then they told me that depending on the demand they will adjust their price.

I was the third person to order and the two before me went with 2SS fully loaded.

SdustinK 10-13-2008 06:20 PM

what can you do :iono:

SdustinK 10-13-2008 08:11 PM

Go so cal haha

bourq100 10-13-2008 09:50 PM

BOTH ORDERS FROM FOOTHILL RANCH HAVE BEEN CANCELED. YOU ARE NOW #1 TO GET GOUGED! THE ONLY PERSON ON ORDERING DAY TO AGREE TO PAY OVER STICKER. GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

bourq100 10-13-2008 09:51 PM

JUST TO CONFIRM THEY WERE 2 SILVER 2SS ONE MANUAL AND ONE AUTOMATIC! I ORDERED MINE FROM ANOTHER DEALER! SAME CAR AND I GOT THE DEALER TO PUT THAT I CAN PURCHASE THE CAR AT MSRP IN WRITING!!!

slick rick 10-13-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourq100 (Post 157231)
JUST TO CONFIRM THEY WERE 2 SILVER 2SS ONE MANUAL AND ONE AUTOMATIC! I ORDERED MINE FROM ANOTHER DEALER! SAME CAR AND I GOT THE DEALER TO PUT THAT I CAN PURCHASE THE CAR AT MSRP IN WRITING!!!

which dealer?

Marvelous 10-13-2008 09:55 PM

This is shitty to hear, although I wont be in the market for a Camaro until 2010 this is still discouraging to hear!

I live in North Orange County, I'm wondering if I should go Camaro "shopping" just to show local dealers that anything over MSRP is and will be unacceptable :mad0260:

bourq100 10-13-2008 10:17 PM

Watch the Posts for tomorrow. I am trying to work out a Camaro5 MSRP volume deal with a dealer - very large orange county volume chevy dealer. Mine is confirmed and in writing at MSRP. Will release contact name and dealer info if I can get more camaros at MSRP. Foothill Ranch had 3 orders and now has 1, based on conversation will have 0 tomorrow! I am going to local dealer to meet with the brass at 9am tomorrow morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick rick (Post 157242)
which dealer?

Foothill Ranch - Now Cancelled... you can be the first in line for a fee. Dealer told me that they will have a $100,000.00 markup on ZR1 when it comes out. Only dealer left in auto mall. May not be around when the car actually arrives!
Happy hunting. See my post on volume deal. I will talk more tomorrow. If I post the contact have your $1000 check in hand and when the car comes in you MUST buy it. Show good faith!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick rick (Post 156270)

70 Auto Centre Drive
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

Sounds like 100% in agreement for you to get your refund.

SdustinK 10-13-2008 11:12 PM

Why is it when I called them the guy said he will go lower with me =/ eventhough im going somewhere else

bourq100 10-13-2008 11:14 PM

My cancelled order was because of the brass... ask for a General Manager or a Sales Manager... they WILL NOT give it to you in writing at MSRP. They have 0 solid orders for the day you could be the first!

SdustinK 10-13-2008 11:21 PM

I talk to a guy name John? either way im going with another dealer haha

fad1 10-13-2008 11:36 PM

Listen guys, I just called around there is a dealer in Fullerton, You can try going for him. Listen if we buy from the same dealer, do you think well get discounts. How bout getting a group of people together? Wouldnt be a bad idea.

o BTW, I still like the Inland Empire dealer. I spoke with a guy name Sally. I think thats what his name was, he was internet sales manager. Talk to him, He should know

Beyond Limits 10-13-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourq100 (Post 157292)
Foothill Ranch - Now Cancelled... you can be the first in line for a fee. Dealer told me that they will have a $100,000.00 markup on ZR1 when it comes out. Only dealer left in auto mall. May not be around when the car actually arrives!
Happy hunting. See my post on volume deal. I will talk more tomorrow. If I post the contact have your $1000 check in hand and when the car comes in you MUST buy it. Show good faith!

Does not surprise me... You are shopping in the Irvine area... The sad part is that there are people there that A) have the money lying around to waste like that, and B) are dumb enough to spend ridiculous amounts of money just to one up their neighbor. (There is a reason that Lexus dealership down by fashion island is the largest lexus dealership in the country). Get out of Irvine and Orange County for that matter... hell take the 241 up to the 91 and then head up the 71 (maybe half an hour from where foothill chevy is located) and try somewhere in Chino, Ontario and what not and I would be willing to bet that you will find a dealership that is going to be honest and work at MSRP especially since they are used to dealing with people that still have at least one foot firmly planted in reality.

Evotion 10-14-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fad1 (Post 157479)
o BTW, I still like the Inland Empire dealer. I spoke with a guy name Sally. I think thats what his name was, he was internet sales manager. Talk to him, He should know

Isn't that a Johnny Cash song? Errr wait... nm.

Even though I am not ordering till next year I went down to the local dealer here and fired off some questions about MSRP, they immediately said they are going to sell them for what they are worth.

After I explained that I would be ordering mine out of state if necessary, and possibly taking quite a few of their customers with me, they said they might be able to work something out.

Anyway they said they would contact me with their pricing later on in the week if I was still interested. I will post what I hear as soon as I hear it.

Doesn't look good for me getting mine locally though:(

Sierra 10-14-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urthman (Post 156298)
+1

+2

I know we have been waiting for this car but why give the dealer extra bucks.

bourq100 10-14-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond Limits (Post 157520)
Does not surprise me... You are shopping in the Irvine area... The sad part is that there are people there that A) have the money lying around to waste like that, and B) are dumb enough to spend ridiculous amounts of money just to one up their neighbor. (There is a reason that Lexus dealership down by fashion island is the largest lexus dealership in the country). Get out of Irvine and Orange County for that matter... hell take the 241 up to the 91 and then head up the 71 (maybe half an hour from where foothill chevy is located) and try somewhere in Chino, Ontario and what not and I would be willing to bet that you will find a dealership that is going to be honest and work at MSRP especially since they are used to dealing with people that still have at least one foot firmly planted in reality.

Got my order in in the OC at MSRP! Thanks though

69 Hugger 10-14-2008 01:42 PM

I went to a dealer today and they said I could only order a v6, I left. (ALEX Cheverolet)

SnakesRslow 10-14-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourq100 (Post 158050)
Got my order in in the OC at MSRP! Thanks though

details?