Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   allocation question. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8134)

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 07:39 PM

allocation question.

So I just want to clear some things up im a tad confused about. Let's say that a dealership has an allocation of 12 cars. Is that for the year? I've read someone else's post that says its so many cars a month. So If a dealer has placed 10 orders will they all come in March? Or will they be delievered to the dealership throughout the months for the allocation?

Tom Henry Racing 10-13-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 156772)
So I just want to clear some things up im a tad confused about. Let's say that a dealership has an allocation of 12 cars. Is that for the year? I've read someone else's post that says its so many cars a month. So If a dealer has placed 10 orders will they all come in March? Or will they be delievered to the dealership throughout the months for the allocation?

This initial guide number ( not allocation) is until Sept 09, so the number is supposed to be supplied by then. They could all come in one month or be spread over the timeperiod(most likely). The dealers can only see into the future on the system about one month to see what the allocation will be.

NVMY68SS 10-13-2008 08:00 PM

If you haven't already, I suggest going over to CamaroZ28 and listening to this weeks podcast with John and Cheryl. I was trying to listen at work today and kept getting interrupted, but they hit on the allocations and deliveries. They did say that if the plant ramp up went smoothly the dealers would possible get more cars.....

Also, Cheryl is pushing to get BLUE back on the SS cars and fix the "no polished wheels with the RS package glitch".

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 08:00 PM

So my dealer said today his allocation was 6, and im 3rd, so chances are i wont get mine in march? :(

SdustinK 10-13-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 156822)
So my dealer said today his allocation was 6, and im 3rd, so chances are i wont get mine in march? :(

Why don't you try another dealer?

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SdustinK (Post 156994)
Why don't you try another dealer?

umm because i have already ordered my car, got my gm discount, and had no problem at all. The dealer was friendly. What more could i ask for?

I was under the impression (and i think a lot of people are) that i will get my camaro in March, considering i ordered 5 months ahead of time.

not to mention that i doubt i would get above 3rd at ANY other dealership.

RallyFever 10-13-2008 09:27 PM

Sounds moe likely that you"ll get your car in June. Sorry

CamaroScotty 10-13-2008 09:28 PM

OK, the way I took it was, these cars could be ordered TODAY, TOMORROW, or anytime before Q3 of 2009. If they are all submitted today, the delivery wouldn't be staggered over the year, they should be some if not all of the first cars to be built. This was part of the unique opportunity of this offering. Now, I'm sure someone else may have took it differently, and it was presented in various ways, but this was my take, so I'm sticking to it. Now if more orders are entered, they may get filled later, or not at all. There are no guarantee's.

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyFever (Post 157025)
Sounds moe likely that you"ll get your car in June. Sorry

If you dont know the answer than please don't make a false guess.

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 157028)
OK, the way I took it was, these cars could be ordered TODAY, TOMORROW, or anytime before Q3 of 2009. If they are all submitted today, the delivery wouldn't be staggered over the year, they should be some if not all of the first cars to be built. This was part of the unique opportunity of this offering. Now, I'm sure someone else may have took it differently, and it was presented in various ways, but this was my take, so I'm sticking to it. Now if more orders are entered, they may get filled later, or not at all. There are no guarantee's.

Camaro Scotty to save the day! If you find out any more about this please let me know. :) Thank you.

RallyFever 10-13-2008 09:30 PM

I think it just depends on actual numbers. etc.
If the dealers PGN is 6 and their allocation is 6, then that's all they get through Q3.
If all dealers sell of of their allocations(which is likely), you'll get your car later in the year.

Tantalizer43 10-13-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 157031)
If you dont know the answer than please don't make a false guess.

Get him Pink! Get him!

Just kidding....

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 09:47 PM

Im sorry that was kinda mean, huh?

Im just stressed about this! I want my car in March!

RallyFever 10-13-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 (Post 157070)
Get him Pink! Get him!

Just kidding....

There's really nothing to get.
This isn't rocket science.
NO dealership will get ALL of their allocations in the first month or two.
If GM can produce 70,000 units in the first 8 months and all of the orders are filled by the delaers allocations, which they will be, the allocations will be spread across the production period.

Not a perfect spread, buit definitely not front loading one dealership and shorting others.

Go to chevylaunch.com - - some good reading there.

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 09:56 PM

I read all the info there. I just thought that a dealership would get their ordered cars as soon as possible.

RallyFever 10-13-2008 09:59 PM

We hope they'll get their cars in sooner and I'm pulling for you.
The problem is, the dealers will have ordered ALL of their allocations prior to the startup of the production line meaning that all Camaros being produced through Q3 will be spoken for prior to Feb.

The dealers will get their cars spread across that time period but there is no way to accurately predict when due to constraints/shipping, etc.

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 10:01 PM

so what about all the people waiting until summer to order? are they just SOL? If all of the allocations are already sold out.........

RallyFever 10-13-2008 10:04 PM

If they wait until summer they'll either be purchasing dealer lot cars or ordering against post Q3 allocations.

Dealers can only place pre-sold orders now, but that ends in Dec timeframe, then they can place their own orders.

They could, if they chose, not order any pre-sales and still order all lot cars starting in December.

It sucks for those not in the top portion of the order list, but that is how it is being done.

JMAN311 10-13-2008 10:31 PM

Do you think it would be possible for a dealer to not even get an allocation? I'm in a really small town and the dealership doesn't think they will be able to get 1 this first model year. I'm waiting for them to get my order in tomorrow morning cause they said they would try to put it in anyway. If they did only get allocated 1, do you think that it would arrive early, like March or April? If they aren't allocated any does the order just stay in limbo for 1+ years until they get an allocation? I'm kinda getting worried that since they are so small I might have to wait over a year to get it built/shipped. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

RallyFever 10-13-2008 10:34 PM

I doubt that a bona fide dealership gets "zero"
Some are claiming upwards of 70 allocations
Have your dealer check their account at chevylaunch.com, their PGN is listed there.
if only one, it could be March, it could be Sept ( or anything in between)

Captain Awesome 10-13-2008 10:39 PM

Well, doesn't THIS just take the cake.... people who were forced to wait because of the lack of the HUD or the missing Blue color choice get to miss out on the opportunity to get in on the deal?

SWEET! :thumbdown:

Thanks a heap!

JMAN311 10-13-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyFever (Post 157191)
I doubt that a bona fide dealership gets "zero"
Some are claiming upwards of 70 allocations
Have your dealer check their account at chevylaunch.com, their PGN is listed there.
if only one, it could be March, it could be Sept ( or anything in between)

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure they check that allocation site after they order it. I may end up having one on order for close to a year, but I guess it isn't that big of a deal as long as I end up getting one. I doubt I'd be finding one on the lot between now and then that's selling for sticker price. So I figure ordering from them might still be my best bet to get a 2010

Ry4nVan 10-14-2008 12:24 AM

My dealership said they were getting 23 for the year until Sept 09.

He also said that the Camaro's would be spread over the months.

Evotion 10-14-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ry4nVan (Post 157447)
My dealership said they were getting 23 for the year until Sept 09.

He also said that the Camaro's would be spread over the months.

Never got the definitive number from the dealers down here. Only know as of last week I would have been 45th on the list, had I been buying this model year.

The thing that throws me off is the tiny number of cars per dealer, but to put it in to perspective... during the podcast from yesterday they stated that there were roughly 3600 Chevy dealers in the U.S. So if for instance every dealer got 20, that is roughly 72% of the estimated 100k cars set for production.

MCMLXIX 10-14-2008 06:15 AM

I was waiting to order a white one.... (and dump my lease truck in the mean time) I know the guides say "July 2009"... I'm not in a big hurry for $$ reasons but I would like a 2010, not 20111...