Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [COTW 6/28/10]: Meet the "REAPER SS" (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83580)

billyspeed 05-15-2010 12:04 PM

[COTW 6/28/10]: Meet the "REAPER SS"
 
Featured COTW on CAMARO5 HOMEPAGE.


just wanted to post some pics and get some feedback on the custom stuff and paint i just did...

1) stillin ground effects (front lip rear spoiler side kit)
2) heritage grill
3) cyber gray paint on wheels
4) fully dismantal car for paint and respray cyber gray
5) custom painted carbon fiber hockey strip/hood strip
6) removal of cloth doorpanel /dash inserts. then painted carbon fiber
7) lowering kit...1 inch
8) painted xm antenna
9) painted taillight inserts
10) hand painted purple pinstrip around carbon fiber
11) custom painted engine cover
12) hand painted reaper name change fenders/trunk
13) hennesey cai
14) jett mass air sensor
15) diablo tuner
16) pypes mufflers


all work done by me..
need a car painted ?

(lookin to buy 2011 for new project
car may be for sale)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24894
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24900
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24893
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24892
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24891
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24890
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24889
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24888
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24887
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24886
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24885
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=24884

AlSuwaidi 05-15-2010 12:18 PM

when you say complete dismantle and respray.. does that mean the car wasnt originally cyber gray??

billyspeed 05-15-2010 12:24 PM

sorry it was gray, but the factory bumbers never match that well and with the adddition of all the parts,ground effects and custom stripes i thought it all needed to be completly re painted to match. plus i clear coated it twice.. sanding in between each coat, to get that ultamate flat glass look. pictures really dont do it justice...

5thGenOwner 05-15-2010 12:29 PM

Nice!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyspeed (Post 1859223)
just wanted to post some pics and get some feedback on the custom stuff and paint i just did...

1) stillin ground effects (front lip rear spoiler side kit)
2) heritage grill
3) cyber gray paint on wheels
4) fully dismantal car for paint and respray cyber gray
5) custom painted carbon fiber hockey strip/hood strip
6) removal of cloth doorpanel /dash inserts. then painted carbon fiber
7) lowering kit...to be installed
8) painted xm antenna
9) painted taillight inserts
10) hand painted purple pinstrip around carbon fiber
11) custom painted engine cover
12) hand painted reaper name change fenders/trunk


to be done yet....
hennesey cold air
jet mass air sensor
predator tuner

all work done by me..

But I was wondering... instead of 'hockey sticks', wouldn't a Scythe have been more approriate? :headbang:

jagan323 05-15-2010 12:37 PM

Impressive work sir! =D How did u paint the carbon fiber look on the Dash inserts/Door Panels? Did you buy a Gray one and paint it?

John VS 05-15-2010 12:40 PM

Paint looks great. You really need to get some tire shine for those tires though.

AlSuwaidi 05-15-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyspeed (Post 1859272)
sorry it was gray, but the factory bumbers never match that well and with the adddition of all the parts,ground effects and custom stripes i thought it all needed to be completly re painted to match. plus i clear coated it twice.. sanding in between each coat, to get that ultamate flat glass look. pictures really dont do it justice...


nice.. now i get it.. im sure its a million times better in real life...

btw are those painted CF or real CF?? if its painted it looks real!!

Russo 05-15-2010 12:46 PM

looks great!

billyspeed 05-15-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner (Post 1859291)
But I was wondering... instead of 'hockey sticks', wouldn't a Scythe have been more approriate? :headbang:

i am driving around in a b lack hooded cape!!!!! does that count???

billyspeed 05-15-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagan323 (Post 1859309)
Impressive work sir! =D How did u paint the carbon fiber look on the Dash inserts/Door Panels? Did you buy a Gray one and paint it?

my stock panels where cloth..1SS OPTION CAR...
so i removed them..
removed the cloth
cleaned off the glue
primered with pladtic etch
primered them
then painted black
then sprayed 3 colors onto matt
that you put in your toolbox withe squares open on it
then cleared them and sanded and recleared them
took awhile but its worth it..

billyspeed 05-15-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi (Post 1859324)
nice.. now i get it.. im sure its a million times better in real life...

btw are those painted CF or real CF?? if its painted it looks real!!

carbon fiber was hand painted by me...
thanks
billyspeed

5thGenOwner 05-15-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyspeed (Post 1859346)
i am driving around in a black hooded cape!!!!! does that count???

:laughabove:

now don't go overboard with the theme... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30152

billyspeed 05-15-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner (Post 1859358)
:laughabove:

now don't go overboard with the theme... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30152

al i can say is " TO EACH IS OWN" LOL

Berean 05-15-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner (Post 1859291)
But I was wondering... instead of 'hockey sticks', wouldn't a Scythe have been more appropriate? :headbang:


:headbang:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.