Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How many Camaros need to be sold? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8904)

TheClassicCarKid 10-25-2008 10:24 PM

How many Camaros need to be sold?
 
I was looking up sales on the internet and in 2002 42,098 Camaros were sold and 142,404 Mustangs.
So my question is how many 2010 Camaros do you think will be sold?
And how many do you think need to be sold every year to keep it in production this time around?

Legend 10-25-2008 10:42 PM

Good question...I've thought the same thing!

Also (if you don't mind me asking) when is production set to run for 2010? Feb 09 - ????

When does 2011 production start?

TheClassicCarKid 10-25-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Legend (Post 171702)
Good question...I've thought the same thing!

Also (if you don't mind me asking) when is production set to run for 2010? Feb 09 - ????

When does 2011 production start?


Not sure when 2011 production starts. Just that the 2010's are starting production in Feb. of '09

blackZbandit 10-25-2008 11:08 PM

It's beeen stated that 80k need to be solf the first MY for GM to start seeing profit. In addition to already being obscenely late to the dance I believe that may be a reason for the extended first MY.

wjones14 10-25-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackZbandit (Post 171718)
It's beeen stated that 80k need to be solf the first MY for GM to start seeing profit. In addition to already being obscenely late to the dance I believe that may be a reason for the extended first MY.

They need to sell 80,000 cars and hope to sell 100,000+ according to Chevy's statements then? This sounds pretty optimistic considering the last year of production they sold 42,000.

If I remember correctly, the GTO didn't even sell that many cars combined for the 2004-06 models! And that was a great car, albeit very homely... :cool:

TheClassicCarKid 10-25-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjones14 (Post 171728)
They need to sell 80,000 cars and hope to sell 100,000+ according to Chevy's statements then? This sounds pretty optimistic considering the last year of production they sold 42,000.

If I remember correctly, the GTO didn't even sell that many cars combined for the 2004-06 models! And that was a great car, albeit very homely... :cool:

That's what I'm worried about:(

It's an optimistic goal, but I'm hoping that the high "amazingocity" of the car will help it reach that mark.

I think if any car could be released in this economy and sell 80,000 units it would be the Camaro

kanys 10-25-2008 11:45 PM

I have to say I am a little worried about wether or nor they will sell the 80k, but I guess all we can do is drive our Camaros as soon as we get them to start advertising!

DGthe3 10-25-2008 11:58 PM

The goal was 80-100k cars a year. Then gas prices spiked. When gas prices started to come down, credit evaporated. But GM is doing better than the other automakers right now and everything says that the Camaro should be better than the competition. I'd say that GM will be closer (as a %) to their sales goal than Dodge will be with the Challenger.

headpunter 10-26-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 171745)
The goal was 80-100k cars a year. Then gas prices spiked. When gas prices started to come down, credit evaporated. But GM is doing better than the other automakers right now and everything says that the Camaro should be better than the competition. I'd say that GM will be closer (as a %) to their sales goal than Dodge will be with the Challenger.

100% pure Truth. With the Excellent MPG numbers of the v6 combined with the excellent looks they will have little trouble selling thier quota.

DGthe3 10-26-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 171801)
100% pure Truth. With the Excellent MPG numbers of the v6 combined with the excellent looks they will have little trouble selling thier quota.

And any problems they have selling them, it won't be because of a lack of effort on the part of GM.

fastfret7 10-26-2008 01:59 AM

Who really cares if the car sticks around.. As long as you get your 2010 or 2011 camaro. It should be all good. It would be better if they ended the production, because you will have a collector's item. Ha

CWI 10-26-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfret7 (Post 171826)
Who really cares if the car sticks around.. As long as you get your 2010 or 2011 camaro. It should be all good. It would be better if they ended the production, because you will have a collector's item. Ha

Being a collectors item sounds good but I would rather see the car be a success. That's the only way we will see a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:burnrubber:

Mustang==:mad0233:

Speedy1975 10-26-2008 10:46 AM

Well, if GM wants to sell 80K units then they're gonna have to do better than 6 units a dealer from now through September 09. I called four Chevy dealers in my area and that's all they're alloted.

AZCamaroFan 10-26-2008 11:38 AM

It's such a big worry. Sport coupes just don't sell anymore. Discounting two door G6's, and Accords, the only sport coupes left, sold in this country are the mustang and Mitsubishi Eclipse. We can only hope. I do put the GTO in a different category. It wasn't sporty enough, and there was no V6 model. There is a built in Camaro audience out there...42,000 i guess. Of course, with no Firebird, roughly 33,000 they were selling a year should go to the Camaro. So , optimistically, that's 75,000 right there. The big concern is whether they can maintain 100,000 sales a year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.