Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A Ring for a Camaro (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906)

Casull 04-29-2007 09:22 AM

CamaroSpike 23....


"She said she buy me the new Z28 if I paid for her ring..."

I say DEAL! That sounds like a great girl, don't let her get away!

CamaroSpike23 04-29-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 10851)
CamaroSpike 23....


"She said she buy me the new Z28 if I paid for her ring..."

I say DEAL! That sounds like a great girl, don't let her get away!


yeah, the only other bit with that deal is I have to get rid of my 94Z:thumbdown: . and... seeing as how the ring is goin to cost around $24,000.00 tho I figure thats at least 10K less than the Z is prolly gonna cost her. lol:thumbup:

acscamarochick06 04-29-2007 03:12 PM

$24,000?!? Whoa...Even I won't ask for that much lol

CamaroSpike23 04-29-2007 06:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 (Post 10856)
$24,000?!? Whoa...Even I won't ask for that much lol

well, its a 2.3 kt ascher cut diamond in the center. this is the origional one she designed online. but we are thinking about doing just a single stone. we went to one of the local jewelers here in town cus they special ordered her stone so we could see exactly what it looks like. its huge! but we'll see.

oh, btw. her reasoning for the price and size and all that is that
Her: "If I'm going to wear a ring the rest of my life, it better cost as much as a car!"
Me: "Well, if thats the case, then you can just buy me a car!"
Her: "ok"
Me: "Are you serious?"
Her: "If you get me the ring I want, then I'll get you whatever car you want."

TAG UR IT 04-29-2007 11:46 PM

That's a crazy amount for a ring! But, if you were planning on spending 24K on a Camaro but spend it on a ring only to get it back in a Camaro, more power to you! Damn nice ring, btw.

OverAnxious 04-30-2007 06:21 AM

If you think that ring will cost you only $24k over you lifetime, you're kidding yourself :lol:



J/K good luck :D

Moosen75 04-30-2007 12:08 PM

very nice ring. i hope my girlfriend doesnt see that ring...... that would equal no more camaro fund.

c00l usmc 04-30-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosen75 (Post 10889)
very nice ring. i hope my girlfriend doesnt see that ring...... that would equal no more camaro fund.

LOL better not read this post too much then!

CamaroSpike23 04-30-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 10873)
That's a crazy amount for a ring! But, if you were planning on spending 24K on a Camaro but spend it on a ring only to get it back in a Camaro, more power to you! Damn nice ring, btw.

I was planning on spending more than 24K on a Camaro. Plus she makes more than me so she can buy the car!!!


Quote:

Originally Posted by OverAnxious (Post 10876)
If you think that ring will cost you only $24k over you lifetime, you're kidding yourself :lol:

yeah, I know. Ive already spent a nice chunk o' change on her for Valentine's day. but its not about the money. Its about us being happy together in the 2009 Z28 Camaro while she's admiring her ring :headbang: :burnrubber:

stevenm357 04-30-2007 06:37 PM

That's awesome. I wish the 2 of you the best of luck!

CamaroSpike23 04-30-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenm357 (Post 10910)
That's awesome. I wish the 2 of you the best of luck!

danke:thumbup:

TAG UR IT 04-30-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 10907)
Ive already spent a nice chunk o' change on her for Valentine's day. but its not about the money. Its about us being happy together in the 2009 Z28 Camaro while she's admiring her ring :headbang: :burnrubber:

:clap: ... :thumbsup:

KILLER74Z28 05-01-2007 12:00 AM

"GOOD LORD THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY" :eyebulge:

TAG UR IT 05-01-2007 01:22 AM

Any idea what the insurance would cost on that per month?

Mindz 05-01-2007 09:15 AM

Man I'm lucky my g/f is somewhat petite. She's looking at a .98 carat princess cut center stone. the ring she wants will only be around $8,000 give or take. She isn't paying for my new car though because she wants to buy a g35 also.

acscamarochick06 05-01-2007 11:48 AM

The ring I was looking at is 2 ct. tw. Its a white gold solitare with side accent diamonds. It's around $7000 and I thought that was too much, my boyfriend laughed at the price because he thought that was how much you're supposed to pay. Maybe he'll get on here and read your post and he'll be pushin' for bigger and more moolah :thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 05-01-2007 11:57 AM

Got my wife a .75 ct princess cut VS1, and I don't remember the color, but it was pretty good. There were two tiny inclusions in the diamond...each in opposite corners. The inclusions are covered by the prongs which hold the diamond in its place. When one looks at it closely, you can't see any inclusions whatsoever. It's very, very nice and we paid somthing like $2,500. Yes, I would have paid more, but I was broke as a joke at the time! Oh, and that amount we paid also got us the wedding band which had another 3 bagettes (sp?).

CamaroSpike23 05-01-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 10928)
"GOOD LORD THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY" :eyebulge:

yeah, but how much is the new Z28 going to cost? :iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 10929)
Any idea what the insurance would cost on that per month?

well, i figure if she'll let me keep my 94 till the ring is paid off, I can drive it around and park the 09. keep it on recreational ins. and only take it out on the weekends if that to keep the ins. down. lol

KILLER74Z28 05-02-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 10961)
yeah, but how much is the new Z28 going to cost? :iono:



well, i figure if she'll let me keep my 94 till the ring is paid off, I can drive it around and park the 09. keep it on recreational ins. and only take it out on the weekends if that to keep the ins. down. lol

Yep, but you can't go for a ride in the ring...:bellyroll:

TAG UR IT 05-02-2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 10961)
well, i figure if she'll let me keep my 94 till the ring is paid off, I can drive it around and park the 09. keep it on recreational ins. and only take it out on the weekends if that to keep the ins. down. lol

I meant the ins on the ring!!:D

We have valuable personal property insurance on our rings which has a market value of $7,500. A one year policy to insure the $7,500 on our rings runs $104 which comes out to $8.66 per month. If ANYTHING happens to our rings, they are paid for by USAA...or we can have USAA make us matching rings w/ as close to identical diamonds as they can find.

CamaroSpike23 05-02-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 10969)
I meant the ins on the ring!!:D

We have valuable personal property insurance on our rings which has a market value of $7,500. A one year policy to insure the $7,500 on our rings runs $104 which comes out to $8.66 per month. If ANYTHING happens to our rings, they are paid for by USAA...or we can have USAA make us matching rings w/ as close to identical diamonds as they can find.



the place that makes the ring offers lifetime insurance and lifetime resizing that they threw in for free cus im military.:headbang:

TAG UR IT 05-02-2007 06:36 PM

Now THAT is an awesome deal!

c00l usmc 05-02-2007 07:05 PM

You know i was stationed in Charleston Sc at my last duty station at the NWS.

CamaroSpike23 05-02-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c00l usmc (Post 10994)
You know i was stationed in Charleston Sc at my last duty station at the NWS.

I know now...lol. :drinking:

acscamarochick06 05-28-2007 11:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple I found, see if she would settle :laugh:

Personally, I would gladly accept any of the three! :wub:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.