Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   RevolutionSS - Ram air hood. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92248)

Mayhem 06-28-2010 07:11 PM

RevolutionSS - Ram air hood.

Well, since they are not resolving my issue I am posting my review thus far.
I was hoping they would finally come through on their word and sort this mess out.

I was on the original pre-order for the Super Sport hood.. I was told I would be the first hood in Canada, and Tommy very gladly charged my credit card nearly $1100.00. The advertised pre order price was 799.00 Even after US-CDN exchange rate I am not sure how that works out. That's not including the brokerage fee of nearly 200 bucks that I had to pay to have my hood released to me. Put's me out approximately $1300.00.

For approximately 9 months I was assured every monday something along the lines of "your hood was already shipped out / i'll double check though if it hasn't it'll go out today or tomorrow!"

And then it would never be shipped out.. After 9 months of lies, delays and nonsense... and me complaining.. I finally get the hood. (Which was advertised as fully functional with ducting).

The hood came in a badly damaged box.. holes all over it, but I don't think the hood itself is damaged, but it didn't even come with the latch to close the hood. So I had to wait for that too again...

After a long time of going through the same thing I went through with the hood originally, I told them how upset I was, and that it was unacceptable to have spent over a grand and waited nearly a year for something to be sitting in my garage and to have been lied to so many times...

They appologized, and I was promised that I would have the latch within a day or else I would be refunded and they'll send it to me anyways.

3 Days later, they tell me the postal woman informed them it would take 2 days instead of the 1 day over night.. Now that's not my problem since they promised me one day or my money back. And aside from that even if it was to take 2 days.. It had already been 3 days at this point. Late either way.

Fast forward, and it arrived over a week late, and they got flakey about the refund and then said to call them and talk to them about it.. And are not answering or returning my calls.

I kept a record/copies of most of the times they messaged or emailed me that it had been sent out. The threads that were posted regarding the hoods, in which several of my posts were in appear to have been removed.

Being one of the first people to have paid for the hood... It's pretty frustrating watching so many new customers posting hoods on their cars already and being ignored/lied to regularly when I was one of the first to hand over my money and trust in a product that was not yet complete with no track record to verify reliability.

Anyways, I was told to call or provide my phone # for them to call me about my refund... But nobodys answering my calls or phoning me, or returning my messages on here.

This is ridiculous.. It shouldn't take a year to order anything. Especially if you're going to charge my credit card right away, and more than I expected.

I have ordered heavier products from further out, that were shipped to me priority and arrived in 2 days time... I fail to see how it takes nearly a year to resolve one order.

I know there have been several other people with hood order issues who ordered quite a while after me and had their problems resolved a lot sooner.

I just want my refund which was promised to me anyways, for the inexcusable amount of nonsense I've been through for this incomplete product that is taking up garage space. I regret putting my faith in them and giving them a chance to come through for me.. rather than just disputing it through the credit card company a long time ago. And as it stands, I don't think I want to see this incomplete thing on my car as it will only be a reminder of the stress & disrespect that I went through and is not the advertised completed product.

macwest 06-28-2010 11:43 PM

Good Luck I have my own story going with them.

WadeWilson 06-29-2010 05:53 PM

Wow man I hope you get things straightened out. I had planned on going with that hood as well until I started seeing horror stories pop up about their lack of communication and extended delays. :thumbdown:

Mayhem 07-08-2010 10:22 PM

Ignoring my calls, ignoring my messages, and my voice mails (when theres room on the box).

Still have not refunded me as promised.

Charged my CC a total of $1,092.53 CDN or.. $1,015.00 USD... on October 21st. 2009. As I was one of the innitial Pre-Orders who signed up early at the advertised $799.00 USD special C5 pre-order discount.

It is already July 8th, 2010. And I have an incomplete product and a yet to happen promised refund.

Revolution needs to fix this. A long time ago.

You already have my phone # / name / address / and CC info.

Do the right thing. You're more than welcome to come get your incomplete hood. It's still in the box it was sent in after several months of lies/delays.

Mayhem 07-17-2010 02:19 AM

And still ignoring my messages / phone calls etc.. Every day. Still have not called me as promised, nor have they refunded me. as promised. Nor have they sent me the complete product.

Time to take things up a notch.

Gave them plenty of time and warning that I would be taking other measures if necessary and they ignored me for another entire week.

So I guess on to plan B.

Tommy, I hope your lies, broken promises, and incomplete products bankrupt you sooner than later so that other trusting would be victims of your shady dealings don't have to go through the same BS.

Guys like this shouldn't be sponsors if they are going to deliver to "some" people and rip off other people randomly as they see fit. I guess he thought I wouldn't take action because I'm out of the country. Wrong.

JB @ C and L Machine 07-17-2010 05:59 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Its kinda a weird how somebody posted a positive comment with them the other day under the Revolutions1 name :popcorn::popcorn:...hummm I wonder who could that be????:paddle::paddle:

REVOLUTION1 07-23-2010 06:42 AM

That was me

1 Attachment(s)
The post was put up by me, I chose the Revolution1 name as there is 1 off parts on my car, I understand the frustration of many board members, I just wanted to post that there is also great things coming out of Revolution.
Thanks

macwest 07-23-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVOLUTION1 (Post 2132370)
The post was put up by me, I chose the Revolution1 name as there is 1 off parts on my car, I understand the frustration of many board members, I just wanted to post that there is also great things coming out of Revolution.
Thanks

Their customer service leaves alot to be desired. They agreed to give me a refund on shipping and guess what. Nothing. ALso, their return on phone calls is real bad. Unless they make things right I would not recommend them.

600hp-lpe 07-23-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macwest (Post 2133221)
Their customer service leaves alot to be desired. They agreed to give me a refund on shipping and guess what. Nothing. ALso, their return on phone calls is real bad. Unless they make things right I would not recommend them.

Customer service is definitely a problem, as are false promises.

No Side skirts, no under hood ducting. Most customers never even got a hood latch.

Too bad... Tommy (AKA RevolutionSS) had great designs.. Not only are they losing new customers, they have lost most of the existing ones as well.

Rob@WretchedMS 07-23-2010 12:36 PM

and are loosing vendors

CamaroFTW 07-24-2010 02:32 AM

Why keep calling all those times and waiting when you could have done a credit card chargeback??? Check with your credit card company but almost all have a one year time limit you can do chargeback.
I hope you did not use a debit card (VISA/MC) or you will be screwed in this case. Highly recommend everyone NEVER use a debit card on internet transactions and always use a TRUE credit card so you have full rights. On a regular credit card you would win any chargeback 100% of the time.

Good Luck!

SPYDERMAN1 08-02-2010 10:17 AM

Where can you even order this hood? I cant even find a website? Anybody know? Thanks

Rob@WretchedMS 08-02-2010 12:38 PM

They can no longer be purchased through me, i've pulled them from our site.

RedJewel2SS 08-02-2010 03:18 PM

its still less than a year from when you purchased, dispute the charge, give the CC company all the proof you've collected.

once the credit company refunds your money, sell the hood on eBay and buy an ACS Composite hood :D