Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Top Gear Camaro Review [VIDEO] (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94280)

Tran 07-11-2010 12:02 PM

Top Gear Camaro Review [VIDEO]
 
As featured on CAMARO5 HOMEPAGE.


** Video may take a few minutes to load, please be patient **




AdnanHfuda 07-11-2010 05:41 PM

just watched it, iv always like the guy who drove the camaro. not sure of his name but hes always got my opinions

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-11-2010 05:55 PM

They are comparing a Mercedes AMG to an SS?? :facepalm: :sm0: LMFAO Great video!!
Some very funny stuff :headbang:

Mindz 07-11-2010 05:59 PM

Not too bad. Would have liked to see a review of the car itself, not a comparo. Especially to a car twice the price...

Supermans 07-11-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2084791)
They are comparing a Mercedes AMG to an SS?? :facepalm: :sm0: LMFAO Great video!!
Some very funny stuff :headbang:

Anyone who watches this over in Europe will immediately see that a car costing $40,000 less is pretty much an equal in the speed dept. stock vs stock. Add a bolt-on and the Camaro wipes the floor clean against the AMG at the same track. Make it a stick shift instead of the automatic they tested and it would have done better as well.

khabboub 07-11-2010 06:02 PM

damn that was a slow ass time.

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-11-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 2084815)
Anyone who watches this over in Europe will immediately see that a car costing $40,000 less is pretty much an equal in the speed dept. stock vs stock. Add a bolt-on and the Camaro wipes the floor clean against the AMG at the same track. Make it a stick shift instead of the automatic they tested and it would have done better as well.

Oh I know the Camaro did very well here and the guy wanted the Camaro in the end. :D It's just kind of weird to see an SS compared to an AMG.

ChevyCobb 07-11-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2084828)
Oh I know the Camaro did very well here and the guy wanted the Camaro in the end. :D It's just kind of weird to see an SS compared to an AMG.

I agree it is an odd car to compare it to. It was probably filmed before the 5.0 GT was released. Are Challengers available in England?

Dirtdog 07-11-2010 06:14 PM

$100,000 AMG with 520hp 465tq vs $40,000 Camaro SS 426hp 420tq... both weight about the same...
and the AMG won? SHOCKING!!!

Supermans 07-11-2010 06:25 PM

I guess we'll have to wait until there exists a Z28 to get a proper review and not a comparison..

xpanda305x 07-11-2010 07:14 PM

all camaros are driven by murders..yep thats me :)

SZOTSTA24 07-11-2010 07:24 PM

I don't know why they compared the Camaro to the AMG. It's an apples and oranges situation but I predicted what would happen. I knew the AMG would be faster, but I knew that Hammond would prefer the Camaro. Great episode. This will be on iTunes in HD in a few months...

GearheadSS 07-11-2010 07:31 PM

The Camaro was slow as balls but it appeared to be an L99 SS, which I would not want on the TG test track.

GearheadSS 07-11-2010 07:39 PM

Oh and we should all go register on the Top Gear forums and use famous murderers as out avatars. :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.