Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   GM Order Status Event Codes (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9714)

trm0002 11-16-2008 11:29 PM

GM Order Status Event Codes
 
Got this off another thread referring to a Corvette. I would think they are the same for the Camaro. Just thought it was an interesting reference.

DO NOT ASK FOR YOUR STATUS IN THIS THREAD !

GO HERE-> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31115

Edit-> VIN is assigned at 3800
Edit-> Numbers confirmed thru 4B00

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed


5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer
9000, Order Cancelled

350 HRSS 11-17-2008 08:04 AM

OOOh, nice...that is very interesting....how can we get those from our dealer? It would be nice if they would keep us updated.....

camaropete 11-17-2008 08:19 AM

My guess is that our orders haven't been accepted yet. We are all probably 1100 at this point. I believe that December was when the orders were going to officially "drop". After that, you should be able to call your dealer (or there is an 800 number) in order to get an update.

350 HRSS 11-17-2008 08:24 AM

Yes, all of our order sheets say Preliminary Order 1100 right now....

Dylan 11-17-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 193173)
Yes, all of our order sheets say Preliminary Order 1100 right now....


Agreed with HRSS,

I talked to my dealer the other day and they said that my order and all other orders are still at 1100- Premliminary

NUCAR 11-17-2008 03:19 PM

VIN is the last thing to go on. 3800 is correct.

rayainsw 11-18-2008 11:58 AM

3100 - also note...
 
3100-Order available to sequence (now the tpw becomes more stable)

Rallyman6 11-19-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 193041)
Got this off another thread referring to a Corvette. I would think they are the same for the Camaro. Just thought it was an interesting reference. Anyone know for sure at what point in them the actual VIN number is assigned? My guess would be at the 3100 level.

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship
4150, Original invoice to the dealer
4200, Shipped by the plant
4800, Bayed with the carrier
5000, Delivered to the dealer

I work at the dealer - checked my order the other day and it says 1102 now?

camaropete 11-19-2008 02:18 PM

Thanks to ilovesaturn.com, here is a more extensive listing of event codes.

Code Event Code Description
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Saturn
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Saturn
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

When the Skys came out, they offered the ability to track your order right on that site. Hopefully we will get that ability also. And BTW, I already tried inputting my order number into the Sky system and no luck.

trm0002 11-19-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 195589)
Thanks to ilovesaturn.com, here is a more extensive listing of event codes.

Code Event Code Description
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Saturn
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Saturn
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

and some more explanation on the standard codes...

Order status codes:
1100 = Preliminary Order (Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order)
2000 = Accepted By GM (Dealer used allocation to place order into production)
2500 = Preferenced (Order pulled to the production system)
3000 = Accepted By Production Control (Order input into the production system)
3100 = Sequenced (Order sequenced for Production)
3300 = Scheduled For Production (Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle)
3400 = Broadcast (Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together)
3800 = Produced (Order is built and VIN# shows in the Dealer Order system now)
4150 = Invoiced (Order is invoiced to the dealer)
4200 = Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer

There are other codes but they are almost exclusively used internally by GM and have no real effect on the status of the order as pertaining to the customer.

fcu678 11-19-2008 08:00 PM

I updated my order to include the ground effects on 11/12 and when I picked up the new order form I asked my dealer what the "Priority 1" meant because everyone seemed to have it. He said that Priority 1 means that it's a sold vehicle. He told me mine was definitely one of the first 5 that they ordered but I didn't see any other area on the order that confirmed that. Any ideas where to look?:iono:

camarolt76 11-19-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcu678 (Post 195976)
I updated my order to include the ground effects on 11/12 and when I picked up the new order form I asked my dealer what the "Priority 1" meant because everyone seemed to have it. He said that Priority 1 means that it's a sold vehicle. He told me mine was definitely one of the first 5 that they ordered but I didn't see any other area on the order that confirmed that. Any ideas where to look?:iono:

My dealer has 12 Camaros guaranteed to be delivered between February and July of next year. Mine was the 2nd car which had a deposit put down on it. That put me down at priority #2. My guess would be that if you had several cars with priority #1 at your dealership then your dealership was guaranteed quite a bit more than 12 Camaros between February and July of next year.:thumbup:

UCF w00t 11-19-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarolt76 (Post 195994)
My dealer has 12 Camaros guaranteed to be delivered between February and July of next year. Mine was the 2nd car which had a deposit put down on it. That put me down at priority #2. My guess would be that if you had several cars with priority #1 at your dealership then your dealership was guaranteed quite a bit more than 12 Camaros between February and July of next year.:thumbup:

Incorrect. The allotments are through 3rd quarter (end of September). The priority number is assigned by the dealer. In theory (and as GM has suggested), the dealers would assign priority numbers sequentially to each person that ordered like yours seems to be doing. So if the dealer had 55 allotted and you were the 3rd, you would have a number of 3. If you were 51st, you would have 51. However, this is up to the dealer and may not assign priority numbers and all of them could be given 1 which I believe equates to random in GM's system (but possible date ordered or something).

camarolt76 11-20-2008 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 196012)
Incorrect. The allotments are through 3rd quarter (end of September). The priority number is assigned by the dealer. In theory (and as GM has suggested), the dealers would assign priority numbers sequentially to each person that ordered like yours seems to be doing. So if the dealer had 55 allotted and you were the 3rd, you would have a number of 3. If you were 51st, you would have 51. However, this is up to the dealer and may not assign priority numbers and all of them could be given 1 which I believe equates to random in GM's system (but possible date ordered or something).

The manager at my dealarship did tell me that they assign the priority numbers to each customer as you say above. I am #2 because I was the 2nd person to put a deposit down on one. I guess I never considered that a dealership would want to assign #1 priority to all their orders. That would really tick me off if I was one of the first to order and #12 had the same priority as me!:mad0259:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.