Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ambient Lighting! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9871)

blakeequalshyphy 11-21-2008 02:07 AM

Ambient Lighting!

So I went to the LA Autoshow VIP tonight and it was nothing really special (for the Camaro). Two show car Camaros (Can't sit in them or anything. They were blocked off). Camaro Black and a silver Camaro SS (non RS). Of course I took pictures, but I didn't really find the need to post them, since we've seen these cars a million times, but the ONLY thing I didn't understand was the whole ambient lighting thing because we really have never seen it, suprisingly. So I asked the person in charge to show me. The Camaro Black did not have ambient lighting but the silver SS did. It had the inferno orange trim package on it and when he turned on the lights, I faintly saw what exactly the ambient lighting was. It was bright in the convention center so it was hard to see, which bummed me out. I pretty much EXACTLY like the Camaro Ignition video on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nh53PuMnk. I took a video of it and I will post it soon, but if anyone goes tomorrow get a better video of it (my camera phone wasn't the best quality). Overall I was very impressed that the ambient lighting is what it was projected to be. I can't imagine, I saw it when lights were everywhere..I can't imagine it at night :clap:

I'll just post one picture (cause it was taken by my friend)
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...40445_6904.jpg

GoldFire 11-21-2008 02:32 AM

Sweet, looking forward to seeing the video. Looking forward to seeing it myself from the driver's seat even more though!

donjr4 11-21-2008 02:39 AM

sweet! anxious to see....

Matrix 11-21-2008 04:17 AM

Sweet pic!!! Cant wait for your vid too!

gzmo 11-21-2008 04:47 AM

vid vid vid! The youtube video though is very similar to the actual working product, but I would LOVE to see it in person

radz28 11-21-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzmo (Post 197504)
vid vid vid! The youtube video though is very similar to the actual working product, but I would LOVE to see it in person

+1 :D

MerlinZero 11-21-2008 09:50 AM

That black conept is still freakin awesome.

zebra 11-21-2008 10:52 AM

:needpics:
or video in this case

TJ91 11-21-2008 11:11 AM

Finally, ive been craving to see what the orange-red ambient lighting looks like. I hope the whole panel glows. Based on the colour of the lighting, if its red or orange or a mix of the two, then i can buy my interior ligihting

StoutFiles 11-21-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

I took a video of it and I will post it soon
Why not now? It takes one minute to put it on Youtube.

D1BADZ 11-21-2008 02:03 PM

come on, I want to see real ambient lighting in person

CamaroScotty 11-21-2008 03:16 PM

Hopefully that issue with the A.L. will be corrected before the production start....They said they hope it will be ready -

scotchsride09 11-21-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 197751)
Hopefully that issue with the A.L. will be corrected before the production start....They said they hope it will be ready -

Pardon me if this is now common knowledge but... what issue, Scotty?

Shadowsong 11-21-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotchsride09 (Post 197778)
Pardon me if this is now common knowledge but... what issue, Scotty?

This is the first I've heard of it... so I don't think its common knowledge yet....

Please go on scotty...

Primus 11-21-2008 04:30 PM

maybe that will be our first restraint....

detroitboy 11-21-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerlinZero (Post 197587)
That black conept is still freakin awesome.

Ditto X 87!

fbodfather 11-21-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakeequalshyphy (Post 197473)
So I went to the LA Autoshow VIP tonight and it was nothing really special (for the Camaro). Two show car Camaros (Can't sit in them or anything. They were blocked off). Camaro Black and a silver Camaro SS (non RS). Of course I took pictures, but I didn't really find the need to post them, since we've seen these cars a million times, but the ONLY thing I didn't understand was the whole ambient lighting thing because we really have never seen it, suprisingly. So I asked the person in charge to show me. The Camaro Black did not have ambient lighting but the silver SS did. It had the inferno orange trim package on it and when he turned on the lights, I faintly saw what exactly the ambient lighting was. It was bright in the convention center so it was hard to see, which bummed me out. I pretty much EXACTLY like the Camaro Ignition video on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nh53PuMnk. I took a video of it and I will post it soon, but if anyone goes tomorrow get a better video of it (my camera phone wasn't the best quality). Overall I was very impressed that the ambient lighting is what it was projected to be. I can't imagine, I saw it when lights were everywhere..I can't imagine it at night :clap:

I'll just post one picture (cause it was taken by my friend)
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...40445_6904.jpg

I AM GOING TO BREAK HIS ARM................... (for turning on the lights...)

The Ambient lighting on the Silver car does not work like it should...and there's a reason for that.

The car was built LAST DECEMBER --

We are putting the finishing touches on Ambient Lighting - and when it's ready, we can hardly wait to show it to you because it's a really cool thing......

But I certainly don't want you to see it 'half-done' - which is what happened last night.

**pushing buttons on phone**

** contacting Drivers of Black suburbans in L.A. Basin.....**

StoutFiles 11-21-2008 05:15 PM

Is there a chance that they remove ambient lighting if they don't have it ready in time?

1_2Many 11-21-2008 05:25 PM

OUCH I guess that guy did a no no at the show, but I completely agree with Fbodfather...nobody wants pre-production shots of ambient lighting floating around if they don't do the final product justice.

MrGazinya 11-21-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 197829)

The Ambient lighting on the Silver car does not work like it should...and there's a reason for that.

We are putting the finishing touches on Ambient Lighting - and when it's ready, we can hardly wait to show it to you because it's a really cool thing......

But I certainly don't want you to see it 'half-done' - which is what happened last night.

:fighting0056::fighting0030:

detroitboy 11-21-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 197829)

No sweat...as long as it is on the car when its built or available as an option when the order is finalized (I'm an orange accent interior customer). I just don't want to miss out on an option when the order get sent it, and then have the option show up a few months later (like the HUD). I hope I'm not the guy that finally gets my car in August, and then the HUD shows up a month later.
Don't worry about it if its going to be a non-issue by the time production rolls around. Most of us understand that some of these "smaller issues" are still outstanding. We just want to know what the options are planned to be so that we can order them if we want them. If it holds up production to get the option installed...well..thats the way it goes sometimes.

zebra 11-21-2008 06:12 PM

well... we did see pre-pro cars with way-less-than-production interiors (the Shunt car for example). so long as people know it's still being worked on, i would like to see it now & when the finished product shows up, be able to say "wow! that's even better!" but i do agree with Fbodfather in that if he was specifically told not to turn it on, his arms should be broken! oh well... it'll be worth the wait.

fad1 11-21-2008 06:35 PM

you think i can hitch a ride to the L.A autoshow with the black suburbans, anyone else wanna hitch ?

franknbeans 11-21-2008 08:36 PM

Man we really need to get some actual pictures of this.

linkwpc 11-21-2008 09:18 PM

^^ I will take a LOT tomorrow!!!