View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
Jdfromga

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
My 2013 3.6 RS Build Thread

I just want to start something where I will be able to track the different mods I've done, and am going to do, to my car.

I bought it almost 2 years ago already, and have been slacking at getting things done, so I've decided now I am going to start making the changes I've been wanting to do.

So far, all that is done is I added a K&N intake,Flowmaster cat-back exhaust and tinted the windows a little darker. The CAI and exhaust actually did help the car sound much sportier and I've been very happy with ever since. Eventually, I will probably change out the down-pipes too, but I'm not in any rush to do that since I like how it sounds now.

Near future updates will be painting the engine cover and adding a vitesse throttle controller. Both are already ordered.

I also want to change out the hood, to add some attitude and am probably going to go with one that has the slots on both slides, carbon fiber. I'm thinking of keeping it black, then painting the sides of the cowl, and the vents of the slots to match the car color and add some black stripes along the length of the body to accent the black from the hood.

A down the road idea is to change out the rear spoiler to black carbon fiber, to match the hood.

Also want to upgrade the brakes, and add color matching calipers. Replace the wheels with a matte black style of some sort, with the edges of the spokes color matched.

As for the engine, since it's the v6 I know there isn't a whole lot to do, so I will be getting it tuned, just to unlock the little bit of power that is still there, and probably add a ported throttle body. I change my mind on a daily basis whether I want to turbo it, or supercharge it, or leave it alone. So, since I can't settle on one, I figure the best course of action is none until I do get that "I have to do this" feeling.

Anyway, I know this car isn't as modded out as most on here, but I pretty much wanted a record of changes for myself. I'm always open to any tips, ideas, etc you guys might have, so feel free to post any you have.
Attached Images

Jdfromga is offline   Reply With Quote