View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 05:30 AM   #9269
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
If your budget is $600 or so, there are several guns in that list to take out.

The P226, while being a fine firearm, is usually over $1,000.

The XDM is small, easily concealable. But, due to the size of it, there is significant recoil. I've fired a couple hundred rounds through one and didn't like it.

M&P has a great lineup and the 40C is a good choice. You may also consider and like the M&P Shield or Bodyguard. Well under your $600 price range.

Taurus is one of those that you get what you pay for. I'm not a fan of their products.

The Sig P320 is also another fine firearm, but, usually over $800.

Few other things to consider: visually, these firearms look great. But, until she has fired them, don't get your heart set on one. Get to a range, rent these guns, find something she is complete comfortable with.

I personally CC a Sig P938. It is smaller than my hand, fits in a loose jean pocket or a coat pocket and is accurate up to about 7-10 yards. It is a bit higher than your budget, but, worth it. You can also check out the P238 which is slightly smaller, but, also utilizes a .380 cartridge.

My wife and I prefer .45's and I have an M&P 2.0 .45 and she has a glock 21 Gen 4. Probably have over a thousand rounds fired through each of those guns and have only owned them for about six months. Amazing firearms and they do not break the bank at all.
Thanks Grabber, wonderful information to share with my wife. I agree, the more she is really getting excited about it, the more she is wanting to try a few out to see how they feel to her.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote