View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #9281
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARMEDIC View Post
I have several SBR’s , its awkward for me to shoot 16” guns after years of shooting issues weapons that were 10.5” or less. I have helped several friends with builds over the years and walked them through the paperwork process. Try a pistol with a blade brace and see what you think. It might be ok for you and save some $ and wait time. Another option is to buy a suppressor and have it pinned for a OAL of 16” . This is the last one I helped build for someone, “ but I did not assemble the upper and lower together “ he did that once he had his stamp.
that looks awesome. i did not know you could use a suppressor to add length!

i have shot pistol AR's before and they're fine, loud, but nothing too crazy. pistol AK's are a different story but just as fun. i don't like the grey area around the braces and shouldering them. it sounds like something i wouldn't really enjoy shooting or would want to shoot.

i think i'm leaning towards the SBR. i've been trying to think of any instance where i would shoot it out of this state and can't think of many. i'll make it a pistol while waiting for the stamp, but i want to legally be able to shoulder it.

is there anything else i need to notify the BATFE about regarding an SBR? or any other major things i should know of? i'll be reading up on state laws over the next few days.

thanks for the reply!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote