View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Pq first off im sorry for the paint coming off I would so take it back to the dealer and yes let them paint it.
I just recently bought some paint and we got on the topic of how many different colors/shades there are of each color.
Black has 61 paint codes lol
Gm , dodge , Ford , FiatI mean dodge lol Bmw , Toyota and etc.

He explained these companies forinstance like Gm have the paint codes of whatever color they are going to use. They send it to the company that mixes there paints and they mix sometimes up to 6 different colors to make one. This is done by machine so its 100% to the color. Also a Factory paint code on a Factory Car looks like it was done at the factory first time around. I'm sure your dealer or service department has a good painter most Gm painters are good compared to companies like ford. Around here 2 local Ford dealers use Gm's body shop lol
Anyways They will match the paint !!!!!! Just keep in mind Red , ORange and Black are Big time orange peel colors so look for orange peel if you do get it thats an easy fix just have them give it a good wet sand

have no worries it will be ok. PROMISE

If a Machine can Mix DaytonaYellow it will Mix your black lol All I did was go in and say the year and what color and they gave it to me and it matches 100%
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote