View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Sorry for the thread jack, but as someone that has been serving in the Navy for over 10 years, that pisses me off. As active duty military they should be getting a DISCOUNT, not a mark-up! If I knew a dealer was doing this specifically to target the military, I wouldn't come within 5 miles of them, even if I could get more money on trade-in.
I'll give you the "forum answer" that I got when I complained about dealers not being willing to accept supplier discounts and such...

"If there are people in the market willing to pay the price the dealer is asking, why should he take any less?"

I don't think servicemen or ANYONE for that reason should be paying more that MSRP for a camaro...and surely not for a used one!! If the OP paid around $29k and is being offered around $25k as a trade-in amount...he ought to take it and run as the market is getting ready to get real soft as the northern markets quit buying camaros due to winter and GM still pushing them out the door as quick as they can make them to stock up for spring.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote