Thread: New Tires
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 07:22 AM   #27
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
Anyone tried the MP4S yet on their 1LE?
Yes, I've had them for a while now. Took advantage of that crazy cheap Amazon deal (probably a pricing glitch from the seller).

Great street tire. More grip when cold (they don't need to warm up like the G2) and fantastic in the rain.

They're ultimately not as grippy as the G2's were at their prime, but plenty of grip for the street. They feel a little bit more squishy, so slightly more comfy.

I won't run them on the track unless it's a wet day, because I don't want to trash them and I think they would probably wear poorly at a hot track day. I can't say for certain as I haven't tracked them but I can tell you even on a spirited run through some twisties on a hot day here in Austin, they can get a little greasy - that's what makes me not want to trash them at the track.

Basically it seems/feels like to me the optimal operating temperature range isn't ideal for roadcourse in the summer.

I'm picky about tires, I'd rather pay more to get grippier tires that last for less time than save. I almost always get more grippy than OEM on my vehicles. With that said, I'm happy with the MPS4S. If another deal came along when the time comes, I would buy them again. Otherwise back to one of the other usual extreme summer choices.
Forgestar CF-5 19x11
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote