View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 01:43 PM   #12
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithias View Post
GM has said NOTHING about it since SEMA, if it was going to be a 2020 thing, they would have mentioned it, or at least acknowledged it by now.
Somebody claimed to find evidence that the painted bumper insert would be an LPO orderable part. I can't find the original post anymore though. Rather not dig through the hot garbage fire that were the SS fascia threads, and even then, it's possible they could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithias View Post
I have had my care for almost 2 weeks now and have never gotten more compliments in my life.

Everyone asks what it is, no one recognizes that it's a a Camaro because it looks that much different.

It's definitely a vocal minority that dislike it
If you like it so much you bought one, good for you. But to instantly label a large portion of the forums as a "vocal minority" might not be totally correct. Polls don't lie, and if nothing else, those conducted by other sites and publications have consistently shown that the majority of outsiders didn't like how the 2019 SS front end looked.

The fact that you're admitting nobody recognizes it as a Camaro is kind of troubling to be honest. A mass-market car like the Camaro should have strong brand recognition even among non-enthusiasts. I'm not sure GM can afford to dismiss the low sales volume or to reconsider the Camaro as an exclusive enthusiast's car. There's not much margin for such a thing when the Corvette already exists and the market is changing so quickly.