View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #14
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Yeaaaa, maybe you will all be paying 40k. Make sure that is refundable.

40k for a loaded SS is out of the question, I could understand it for a supercharged maybe Z28, but besides that you are walking in vette territory..
MAYBE if you go hog wild at the GMPP acessory store, and I mean WILD, will you be able to go over $40k. Otherwise I am with Brantley847, you will likely be able to get a new 2008 Vette (stripped, admittedly, but how bad can a stripper Vette be?) for a few bucks more than $40k.

There was a dealer a while back on one of the Vette boards in CA who had like 30-40 on the lot and was selling them for GM Employee price plus $400. That essentially what GM pays to the dealer for selling a car at employee pricing. You wouldn't have as many bells and whistles, but you would have a few more or the same HP in a car that is much lighter, but I do not doubt that some folks will end up spending more on their Camaros. Not a problem either way, do what makes you happy, but just look at the big picture when the time comes and make the best decision for YOU....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote