View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #13
rockclimbermi
Mike

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Camaro 2SS RS M6
brake squeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Pretty interesting setup. I’ve been able to get mine to quiet down by matting the pedal at around 60-65 and taking it to about 5 before releasing and getting back to 25-30 for a a minute or two, letting them cool a little before coming to a complete stop. (Obviously the highway isn’t the place to do this) I hit it hard enough that the abs is about ready to come on. Any time I start to get brake shake or noise this has taken care of it.
I am having the same issue with brake squeal. It isn't happening when they are hot, it just happens a lot of the time. I have noticed when i hit the brakes hard it sometimes goes away. But I tend to notice it more when I'm driving slow or coming to a slow stop. When I first heard it I thought it was time to change the pads, but I took a look at them and they seemed fine. I recently had new tires installed (firehawk Indy 500's, so far I like them), and had the shop take a look to see if they saw anything, and they confirmed that the brakes looked fine. Hopefully your method works for me. The squeal is really annoying and makes my ride sound like a hoopty when I stop. Thanks for posting this tip. Fingers crossed.
rockclimbermi is offline   Reply With Quote