View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Is the V6 "THE" Camaro now?

So is GM postioning the V6 to be the main Camaro now? When the 4th gen came out,all pics and media info were Z28,Z28,Z28,the V6 was strictly the money maker that nobody actually wanted,nor cared about,magazines included. Same with the '90s Mustang and the '05-09 Mustang or the new Challenger,the focus is on the V8 or the higher end model and you let the image of the that car trinkle down to the lower models that get no press or love.
But,with this Camaro,the SS is barely mentioned,there are no pics of the V8 in any magazines(i haven't got the new Road and Track yet),all the press is of the V6,the Milford video focused mainly on the V6. It kinda of reminds me of a BMW 3-series,the glamour model and the one that gets the most press is the regular 328i or 335i as opposed to the M3,which is a more specialized and rarer car,but anyone who buys the lower model 3-series don't feel like they've compromised.................is GM hoping that people will think that this is THE Camaro. I know the V6 pony car has its place,it's very important to the line,but i don't recall any getting this much attention as this RS,is it really that good or GM really playing it PC with the changing times?? Could GM think of this Camaro as a bargain G37 or 3-series as opposed to a Mustang competitor?
I'm of the opinion that once these cars get in customers hands,the traditional pony car class-system will show itself and no matter that the V6 has 300HP,it will be looked down upon or buyers will feel that they've compromised and we won't hear too much about this RS as we are now,i may be wrong,but i think as human nature goes,there won't be any lovefest for this car as time goes on. The SS will take center stage as should have from the start..................by the way,i'm not 6 bashing,i've owned a V6 Mustang and V6 Camaro,i just think its odd that the SS isn't getting any love.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote