View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
Mungo

Drives: trans am
KatarHol! I'm sure that marketing played a huge roll in the decisions that GM made. I'm sure that they looked at the V-6 Mustang sales and saw that there is a segment of buyers who want a cool looking car with reasonable horsepower for a good price. The Camaro will be no different. If we had in the bygone days of muscle cars a V-6 engine that produced 304 HP, we would have gone for it too. Just look at the overall car itself. A great looking car with full independent rear suspension(the Mustang still doesn't give you that), a six speed tranny with paddle shift capability, traction control stabilitrac. I'm sure that if this RS is the main car that everyday buyers can afford that gives good gas milage, the after market will have many upgrades for more horsepower. The key is if we ASK for it. Marketing is based on what the masses ask for. The Cadillac CTS with the same engine is what is what keeps Cadillac afloat. I think this V-6 Camaro will do the same for Chevrolet. To prove my point just wait till the V-6 RS convertable comes out. The main buyers for the Mustang convertable are woman. The Camaro convertible is WAY cooler than the Mustang. And if they make a indianapolis pace car version (I'm sure they will..hint..hint), like they did in '69,that will definately put Camaro over the top. IMHO. The world of hot cars and hot rodding always evolves.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote