View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 02:31 AM   #92
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
GT500, despite the 760 number, is still (likely) a big ol' fat girl (4000+) siting on Mustang's antiquated S550 chassis. That big boned girl, may need higher TQ #'s to get back up on plane after cornering. Obviously, with GVW unknown everything is speculative at this point.

I will however, concede straight line acceleration to the Mustang. Unless the outdated chassis design makes it hard to put power down.

Alpha rigidity in collaboration with hard mounted DSSV and 3Rs alone IMHO, is enough to give ZLE a distinct advantage on most (especially technical) circuits over the new Ford pony. Especially in an endurance comparison (which I know that we're completely unlikely to see) as opposed to a hero lap or two.

Given some of the overheating and failure issues in the latest generation of GT350, are the 8 heat exchanges minus FPC in the 500 going to be enough to keep that high revving 5.2 happy?

ADM's will in most places be $20k+. Ouch! Now we are in up level (Z06) C8 territory. If I were to spend that kind of money, I would hold out for the mid engine Corvette.

So, like may others, I am thinking LT5 on an Alpha II Gen 7 would be a very special animal.