View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #37
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Got the iDatalink kit and stereo installed. I’ll need to test it more by driving around and changing up the button functions. But by initial response, this kit as others have stated is great. There are a few more wire bundles than my old scosche kit but by using the kenwood dmx706S, all the wires and iDatalink brain box fit behind the stereo with ease. The stereo is about half the depth of my old HU so if you don’t need/want cd/dvd. This is a great option, as I didn’t need to cut any plastic out to fit wires or stereo. I really like the look of the faceplate with the dash. Like others have said they could have not put the plugs under the face. All of these connections can be ran to the center console and be hidden vs put them right in your face. But mine came with individual plugs that help to make them not stand out so much. The one other complaint is that under the led flashlight I was using, the color has a slight gold tint more so than the factory center console so I think it’s just slightly off but it doesn’t stand out so much in natural light. Time will tell if this bothers me or not, easy enough to touch up with the exact paint if need be.
All in all, I would highly recommend this kit if you don’t mind not having the hvac knobs in the way of the center console gauges. The button setup really works great to get you to the separate screens and back. Again, thanks for all before that posted. If anyone wants pictures, I can take some but they look the same as the previous posted ones. I just wanted to add my $.02 on the kit and my stereo choice with a shorter depth.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote