View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #356
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I believe they pretty much had to go FI in order to meet emissions and fuel standards. It was too expensive to move over to DOHC, and if they wanted to keep cheaper OHVs, they had to add FI in order to meet power-goals; they couldn't make the engines bigger, so they had to stay around where they did - less than 400-ci. I don't think they have gotten their money's worth out of the Gen V quite yet, since we see the LT2 in the C8, I think we still have another round of Gen V/VI OHV V8s to go. I believe we'll start to see DOHCs coming in (starting with the C8, in a year or so), and start seeing a transition from OHV to DOHCs, permanently, starting with this generation of LT-stuff. It seems pretty simple to me.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote