Thread: Mini Scarlett
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Mini Scarlett

Been a long time since I've contributed here but I've been really busy as of late.

Found a 10+ year old Power Wheels Camaro under a pile of trash and wood and decided to restore her for my grandson. He loves my car and I thought it would be nice to do, and gave me something to do while this Covid thing is going on. Was a long hard project for sure, and I think she turned out well. Don't have a picture of the whole car but it originally was black. I do have some before pics though. Sun and weather do wonderful things to plastic when left out, and a few times I didn't think it could be done well. But enough primer, sanding, paint, clear, polishing and buffing does wonders I suppose. Not to mention rebuilding the wiring harness, switches and electric motors. The key switch works now and though you can't tell from the pictures the headlights and taillights work along with the radio. Planning on going to a 24V system with it and adding a Raspberry Pi board to her to simulate the car starting and engine sounds when in gear with a graduated accelerator.

Just wanted to share this with everyone. Hope everyone is well and hopefully all this nonsense will end soon

Her name is Jewel BTW
Attached Images