1st Annual Official Camaro5.com Fest
When: April 16-18, 2010
Where: South Georgia Motorsports Park
Who: All Camaro5 members, family and friends worldwide.
Camaro5.com is proud to bring you our first annual Track Day / Meet and Greet.
Camaro5.com has become one of the prominent websites for the newest 5th Generation Camaro. As such we want to provide fans of the 5th Gen Camaro a chance to get together and put these exceptional cars to the test. This event is for people of all ages with your choice of lodging at a discounted hotel or trackside camping with showers and power. Camaro5 will also provide three sponsored meals over the course of the weekend event.
Our intent is for this event to appeal to all the different Camaro addictions our members may have. As such we will have competitive drag races at one of the premier strips in the country, used regularly by NHRA teams for testing. Additionally the local SCCA will setup an autocross circuit with professional on course instruction. For those looking for a safer yet just as dynamic event, we are providing a mobile dyno so you can get the "no kidding" power numbers for your car. And, for those of you that can truly appreciate the beauty of this new ear of American muscle, we will have a car show to show off your rides to all in attendance. Finally, if you want to see the latest in what the aftermarket specialists are doing, we will have a Vendor's Alley for all of our sponsors to show and sell the latest in Camaro products.
For more details on all the activities please see the schedule information below.
We are actively looking for our regular vendors to be a part of this event and sign up as Camaro5 Fest sponsors. Please contact 1320Junkie
for sponsorship details.
Three meals are included in the entrance fee.
- Drivers - $50.00
Gets all day access to the Drag Strip, Autocross, Dyno and entrance into the car show. Any attendee expecting to race must pay this fee. Special colored wrist bands for Drivers will be issued.
- Spectators - $10.00
Allows entry into the facility to watch the activities
- 3:00pm: Hotel Check In (Host Hotel and Overflow Hotel)
- 3:00 – 6:30pm: Free Time - (Get rest, detail your car, get stuff to stock your coolers for the track day on Saturday)
- 6:30pm: Pre-Stage for Cruise - Host Hotel Parking Lot (Police Escorts)
- 7:00pm: 1st OFFICIAL CAMARO5.COM Cruise
- 8:00pm: Return to Host Hotel
- 8:30pm: Meet and Greet -Azalea’s Restaurant and Lounge (Located in the Host Hotel)
- 8:00am: Pre-Stage for Convoy to South Georgia Motor Sports Park
- 8:15am: Depart for South Georgia Motors Sports Park
- 9:00am: Gates open at South Georgia Motor Sports Park(Vendors Alley opens at this time also)
- 9:30am: Opening Ceremonies
- 9:45am: AutoCross open for business and Open Test n Tune at Drag Strip. MTI will be doing AutoCross “How To’s and provide full support for those who are AutoCrossing. Drag racing “How To’s” will be provided at the Drag Strip
- 11:00am – 4:00pm: Mobile Dyno Runs
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm: Lunch Sponsored by Hennessey Performance
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm: Fundraiser For Charity (Photo shoot of your car with the ladies of Camaro5. Abygale,Bonnie,CynAgain,Badgebunny and Camaro Gal for a small donation)
- 2:30pm - 6:00pm: More Autocross driving the competitive runs/eliminations/brackets begin at the Drag Strip
- 6:00pm: Car Show
- 7:00pm: Track Party until(Sounds Provided by DJ Blaze)
- 8:00 am – 9am: Breakfast sponsored by MTI Racing (Host Hotel Banquet Hall)
- 9:00 am – 11:00am: Awards Presentation and Departure Ceremony
Awards include. Long Haul, Fastest times Stock,Bolt On's on the dragstrip and fastest times on the road course. 1st,2nd and 3rd for both. Best of Show 1st and 2nd places and King of the Dyno