View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Please help diagnose fuel pressure drop under boost

Hey folks,
I mentioned before that my 2011 LLT with Stage 1 overkill s/c is dropping serious fuel rail pressure under load. The issue only happens at WOT between about 6,000-7,000 rpm and 8-ish lbs of boost. Fuel rail pressure at lower rpms is fine, even at WOT. I’ve had multiple tuners try and get it right, installed a BAP and had it retuned, and even added meth for giggles. Will Overkill’s tweaks to the tune seemed to focus on lowering the redline/shift points to keep the issue at bay. That resulted in noticeably less max power.

Most forum members said upgrade to the ZL1 tank fuel pump. What I don’t understand is why a tank pump upgrade would help when it is the high pressure side that’s struggling. Actual vs commanded fuel pressure from the tank pump seems solid. Any help educating me on that point is much appreciated.

Crazy that nobody came up with an easy upgrade to the LLT HPFP. I read about that Ferrari mod, potential cam changes, etc. but damn it would be nice just to install a better HPFP that bolts right up.

Thanks
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote