View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 05:08 PM   #24
u00bgg2

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2017 GTI, 2015 KTM 1290R
So a little follow up as I never expected this perspective to be a point of genuine conversation.

My wife disliked the Camaro for two reasons, one she could not get over the short windows and the overall lack of visibility. I live where there are not many straight roads so she would get car sick pretty frequently unless we were on the highway.

The Corvette does have a much better field of view and I have the optional glass roof that makes the cabin feel even more "open".

The second reason is one that was hinted around about, and in short she is snobby in this area. It is a camaro, which has all sorts of Joe Dirt type connotations. Me I wear this with a little bit of honor, she on the other hand just does not like this. I also forgot to mention my wife is British and by default has some pre disposed connotations.

The irony of all of this is that way back when we decided to look at something of a sunday driver we initially looked at corvettes. The issue is I am pretty tall and I dont fit. That lead me to the Camaro as she hated a challenger and neither of us would go down the mustang route.

What I did not know at the time is when the optional clear roof is installed you gain about 2-3 inch of head room. I found this out when I was early for a business meeting and was messing around at a dealership killing time.

The conversation that was created by the thread is what I was really speaking about, genuine people have genuine conversation.

If I do end up with the vette for a while I will be installing headers, and an Xpipe as I need a little something.

Will keep you posted.
u00bgg2 is offline   Reply With Quote