View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 10:11 AM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
I purchased a lightly used (6,300 mi) 2020 ZL1 M6 Convertible yesterday, and I’m curious why doesn’t the convertible come with Electronic Limited Slip Differential like the ZL1 Coupe?

I was aware when I bought it that it didn’t have it (so no surprise) but I’m curious as to GM’s thinking behind not including it on the Vert? Do they think convertible drivers are less likely to drive aggressively, and thereby less likely to need it? Overall Cost (it’s pretty expensive)? They don’t think a convertible will be tracked?

Has anyone driven both the coupe and convertible enough to notice how easily the Convertible gets squirrelly without eLSD?

I’ve owned a C7 Z06 for years, so I’m comfortable with the engine power but living vicariously through you folks as I have literally not even test driven my new ZL1 yet since it is stupid cold and snowy here in the frozen tundra of Illinois.
As I recall Chevy said the eLSD is larger than the standard differential and doesn't fit under the convertible with all the extra equipment and bracing for the convertible top.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote