View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #12
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Hey Batmaro,

The ZL1 pump did not resolve my issue. I was still dropping the same psi at high rpm/boost with it. What I did to resolve the issue was swap the Vortech pulley from Will’s standard 3.6” to a 3.7”. That chilled the Vortech out a bit and almost single handily resolved the fuel starvation from the HPFP at max speeds. I’m still running over 9 psi boost with the 3.7” pulley.

To clarify, my Alky meth kit (100%) did keep the AFRs in the safe zone, but I just didn’t feel right about having dramatic fuel pressure drop at the rail when really getting on it. That would make for a crazy oh shit moment if I somehow didn’t know that I was out of meth (unlikely, but those red leds do go out from time to time).!

Others can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure that your injector duty of 26.9% means that you have a ton of headroom (73.1%) left. I’d be interested to see what your tuner was logging for fuel rail pressure and injector pulse width over 6,200 rpm. My injector duty cycle was looking fine but the pulse width was in the high 6s and was basically maxed out for the stock LLT squirters. Any chance you have that rail and pulse data?
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote