View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 06:50 PM   #26
RBBC5

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
It sounds like you have an RS/SS Camaro, but it is possible that the previous owner added the lights after they purchased the car.

RS Appearance Package (available with LT and SS):
- HID headlamps with halos
- spoiler on LT model
- 20-inch 5-spoke wheel with Midnight Silver paint finish
- RS unique taillamp (darker tinted lenses)
- body-color roof ditch molding
- RS badging (front and rear)

On the SS Model the "SS" emblems (front and rear) will be red (non-RS are white).

The 1SS models come with cloth seats. The 2SS models come with leather. Leather seats aren't part of the RS package.

There should be option codes located on a stickers on the door and in the trunk that you can check to be sure which options your car came with.
Ok so I am new here and to the 5th Gen Camaro. I have a '02 Z/28 that I bought new so that I am familiar with lol. But, I just bought a 2012 Rally Yellow vert with Black Rally Stripes painted on and am finding my way around her thanks to everyone on here. I know it is a 2SS and (aside form the painted Rally Stripes) it has HID/Halos (pass side appears to be burnt out which started this whole journey of how to replace). I do not have the WRS in the RPO code in the trunk sticker and the grill has white SS and the trunk lid has NO SS badge. I have the carfax and according to that no wrecks, the paint code is GCO so I know that Rally Yellow is the original color (maybe the previous owner pulled the trunk lid SS badge??). I've searched here quite a but and my confusion comes from the Rally Stripes that are spot on perfect and do not look aftermarket and I do have the HID Headlamps with Halo's. But now I'm wondering if I do have an RS or are the stripes and HID/Halos an add on by the previous owner and maybe the lights are not wired correctly and that's why the pass side is not working? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
RBBC5 is offline   Reply With Quote