View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 08:46 PM   #46
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
We are dealing with two separate vehicles here. Are they somehow connected? It’s possible but I wouldn’t bet on it. The one on the car carrier could be something being shipped for test. Or it could be something being shipped to storage because it’s no longer needed. Or it could be like RLHMarines suggested, a Gen VI V8 test mule. Similarly, the car testing at the Ring could be driver training for GM’s test drivers. Or it could be a support vehicle for the team testing the C8. I doubt it has anything to do with a new vehicle coming to production because if it were, it would be in 95-100% content (or lap times mean nothing) and in camo because that’s how GM does new product.

If they are connected, then it would be a matter of testing of the Gen VI, since you don’t have to camo the car to test an engine. But why take a new engine to the Ring? Nothing proven by doing that that couldn’t be proven at any speedway in the US.
I wasn't thinking the two were connected. My imagination was spinning with the idea that a LT2 for the SS was aborted. Engine testing in plain sight so no camo.

samurai observed that the SS had US plates so GM car. The plates are bolted to the fascia instead of the bracket design that blocks the opening. GM bailed on the Camaro in 2018. Why was it even there?

Just my imagination running away with me...

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote