Thread: Wait or buy now
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 02:15 PM   #50
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef18ZL1 View Post
Haha Nov is like a century ago with how rates have changed since then. Good ole Fed doing their magic that won't actually work, but that is a topic for another day/forum haha
Yeah, and 860 isn't an actual credit score. It translates to something likely just over 800 on the scale that lenders use for car loans. It's still a great score, but it doesn't tell the whole story.

Lenders in certain regions will do different things, and may have different agreements with dealerships. I have essentially "perfect credit" (there's no such thing) and the dealerships I bought two cars through in the last three years couldn't get me super-low rates because no lenders would offer it to THEM. In other words, the dealerships wanted their back-end cash from securing the loan in the first place so the rates I could get were basically average.

Your best bet is to negotiate your absolute best deal, try for your best financing deal, and then decline everything and offer to pay with a cashier's check. Dealerships get kickbacks from the lenders for securing the loans. If you don't get a loan, you could be taking money out of their pocket and their tune might change...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote