View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 03:00 PM   #103
GeneRoss

Drives: 14 Z/28 #368 02 SS(sold) 2012 Equus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY View Post
It won't though not for a very long time, that IS my point. GT 350's flew off of lots when they hit the ground initially, you seem to not get this part of the entire deal. The reason the C8 and even the C7 initially sold like hotcakes is because people ACTUALLY wanted those cars. The Z28 was marketed, it was tested at tracks, put into magazines at put on the net like every car like it. It was even tested at the Ring, the C7 Z06 was not if memory serves.

Once again, you don't read well. Put the 6th gen on the Trofeo R or put the Z28 on the Supercar tire and at a place like Barber Motorsports park the 6th gen is faster, a place like VIR the 6th gen would significantly close the gap. This in itself makes the Z28 less desirable.

BTW all tracks are "technical tracks".

ZL1's and SS Camaro 5th gen cars didn't sit on lots for up to 3 years, you can't be serious here.

You seem to rely on what magazines say, out in the real world on tracks it's much different.

Here is a vid of a 6th gen SS1LE running a 1:34.08 at Barber with only a brake pad change(and not a very good choice at that). A buddy who can drive took a rock stock 6th gen 1LE and ran a 1:38 at Road Atlanta with it, that's fast.

Here is a Vid of Mark Steilow(very accomplished driver) running a 1:37.10 at Barber in a Z28 during a test for Super Chevy.

This guy went a 1:38.3 on Continental slicks, about .4 quicker than my buddy in a factory stock 2017 SS 1LE at Road Atlanta.

Even Randy Pobst could only get a 1:36 out of the Z28 at Barber and he is a pro driver.
https://fastestlaps.com/tests/8uoihhrubz1d

Once people learned how to drive the 6th Gen SS 1LE's electronic rear differential they became weapons on track. My buddy who ran the 1.38 at Road Atlanta told me about when he figure it out.

What's left in your bag of excuses for the Z28?
Oh the irony.

What cars run on different days with different drivers is irrelevant. Congrats, you have a friend who does a few laps in his SS.

You actually think people want the SS 1LE? They don't. That's why GM is axing the Camaro. it doesn't sell. Your point here is mind boggling. The Gen 6 is the superior car to the Dodge Challenger and to the Ford Mustang. A GT350 wont hang with an SS 1LE. You would need the 75K (or whatever they cost) version 350R to run with the SS 1LE. Yet the GT350 sold well and overall mustangs kill Camaros in sales. It's also ironic you bring up the Z/28 dropping valves but praise the GT350 thats known for the Voodoo to be a time bomb. Ok.

Again, I don't understand your point? First its lap times then its what people like and how the car sells? And your lap time argument is also moot as both the Z/28 and Gen 6 1LE are near super car levels fast. The Z/28 is better suited for the road course with the hardware it comes with, period. 7 Liter LS7 6 speed old school looks. The Gen 6 doesn't check that. It's a cool car but its not as raw as the Z/28. You don't like the Z/28 ok.... don't buy it. You're sitting here trying to fabricate stories because you're salty about the price of the car.

You're sitting here arguing over nothing. A 993 Turbo S won't keep up with 991 Turbo S but the 993 Turbo S costs just as much today. Its special.

Z/28's will hit 100K eventually based on the race hardware and exclusivity/low production numbers. No one is forcing you to buy a Z/28 lol. It really sounds like you're salty its pricey and your ZL1 doesn't get mentioned in the same regard.

I shopped both the Gen 6 SS 1LE and the ZL1 with the Z/28. I just thought the Z/28 was cooler and more badass. And the LS7 was the breaking point. To each their own. If you don't get why this car is cool I don't really know what to tell you.
2014 Z/28 #368

Last edited by GeneRoss; 02-10-2023 at 03:10 PM.
GeneRoss is offline   Reply With Quote