View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 08:12 AM   #1
trashbasket

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Sanity Check on Turbo build

I am trying to figure out if I'm just killing street tires or something is wrong/inaccurate. Car made 810 HP, 827 TQ on a dynojet at 14 lbs. Here is the problem though. The car is..... slow. I trapped 91 in 1/8th mile at a terrible time. This was my 2nd ever pass and on street tires, so absolutely spinning there. 60-130 times are rough too, starting out in 2nd breaks tires loose and lose time on shift, so roll in on 3rd at 50 mph, get eat up by turbo lag then run a best of 6.82 slightly downhill. Most runs avg 7.5 seconds. 100-150 is 6.08 seconds. Fastest 0-60 I've ever cut is 4.95, again with spin. Here is the quick build info.

Forged 376 w/ LSX block
Stock Heads
TSP Stage 1 Turbo Cam
AGP Turbo base kit
850ID ZL1 pump+BAP+meth
Twin Disc(Kevlar) Monster clutch
Tick Level 3 TR6060
Stock Diff (this is being changed to ZL1 3.23 when driveshaft arrives)
Renegade Axles
Detroit Speed Solid Cradle bushings
UMI Toe/Trailing Arms
FE4 swap w/ BMR Sway bar

other stuff I'm probably leaving out(feel like I could go on and on), just wanted to illustrate I didn't put a ton of power to stock suspension in the rear.

Tires out back are Conti extreme pro 315/35R20

I've probably answered my own question here and just need to put the zl1 diff in and get a sticky tire and see for myself. I guess I'm just trying to gauge what the car SHOULD be doing from your guys experience. I also want to say thank you, this forum has been a well of knowledge for me during this build and has helped out so much. Any advice here is appreciated even if its just "get better tires dummy". If that is simply the case, what should the car be doing in 1/8th and 60-130?