View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 07:30 AM   #54
LS1Formulation

Drives: '13 Camaro SS '98 Firebird Formula
Another update: Found a problem I created due to inattentiveness, and it made a huge difference in ET. It also might mean I have to get my car retuned. I'll get to that in a moment.

Andrew, I already have 3.91 gears in my car - I thought I listed that, but I'm not sure. It definitely could use more gear. I'd love to have 4.56's but yeah, that's a huge expense. I don't know if I'd want to invest that into this car, or just buy a ZL1. I have everything done to my factory rear that I need to do. Detroit Truetrac, LPW cover, all poly bushings, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, and G-force axles. I no longer get any wheel hop, and I defininitely don't dump the clutch, so I'm pretty sure it will hold up for awhile. Not sure what the cut off point is on ET, however. Guess I'll find out!

Back to my findings... So yesterday, while prepping to go to the track, I realized I made a bonehead mistake when I installed my ported rod mod intake. I somehow overlooked the PCV line going into the intake behind the throttle body. So it's been sucking in unmetered air since the install. And I got it dyno tuned with it like that. I hooked it back up and instantly my car started idling lower, to the point where it's probably gotta get raised up. But that's not all. I went to the track and right off the rip, I knocked out an 11.98@115.30 with a 1.73 60' time. Holy crap, it felt SO much quicker, pulling way harder in the upper ranges. Never got another good 60' after that, but I ran 12.13@116.16, 12.15@116.01, and 12.14@115.62 with a 60 between 1.84 and 1.93, having to get out of the throttle to cut wheel spin each time. This is with a DA between 1500-1800 feet, similar to my previous best. Picking up 4-5 MPH just by fixing that vacuum leak is wild. But now I'm unsure if I need to get it retuned, because everything was done with this tube wide open. Any opinion on that?
LS1Formulation is offline   Reply With Quote