View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 08:11 AM   #25
Hack

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
It's funny how two cars that are extremely similar can also be so different. I own a 2017 Mustang GT PP1 M6 and a 2021 LT1 M6. I think Ford prioritized comfort and styling way too much.

The Coyote is a good engine, but 5 liters is way too small. They should have gone to at least 5.5 or 5.7 liters to get better performance out of it. The suspension on the PP1 from the factory is so soft that I feel it's borderline dangerous in a performance situation. The car is also larger than I would prefer. I think Ford could have easily gotten a couple hundred pounds out of the car, which would have improved it so much.

As a driving enthusiast, I prefer performance over comfort and styling as my priority.

But I understand why Ford focused on a broader market and sales over performance. I've read that the average age of a Mustang buyer is mid 50s. So the pony car market consists of a lot of older people who may not prioritize performance like I do.

Yes, the Mustang does well in sales, but I think the Camaro is a lot more fun to drive.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote