View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 02:55 AM   #23
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I don't really have much to add to this thread other than a couple points. There are us gearheads out here that continue to want or desire to be able to wrench on our own vehicles and dare I say modify them. We do what we do because it's our therapy and we get enjoyment out of doing it. Try and say I replaced my batteries in my car today, not going to happen. I can say I'm currently on my second rebuild of my engine and it's not cheap by any means but I'm not going ev anytime soon and my son works at Tesla. It's not the cost that gets me at all. Heck I probably could have bought at least one or two Tesla's for what I've spent on my car. It's like I was saying it just gives me pleasure out of being able to fix my own stuff. And as far as resale value goes, I don't really give a rats a** about that anyways since I will be probably taking my 5th gen to the grave. The only time I will consider getting rid of my car is when parts are no longer available for it but I think there will always be an aftermarket world out there to step in, hopefully.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote