Thread: Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 12:53 PM   #54
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
But the truck against a top 911 isn't a fair race in the same type car. I'll post a realistic apples to apples race. I'd point out prices, $90k for plaid Tesla, $200k-$250k 911, $350k Ferrari. Guess which one wins most races. I'll say he took off earlier on the line don't know if he "redlighted" or just faster reaction or Ferrari tire spin but point is that the EV is so consistent in launches I found out in my much slower but fast enough for me Y with acceleration Boost.
https://youtu.be/EmuByrN_5qI?t=283 drag race link
The truck I think Elon Jumped the shark. Like some kid at a Lego design studio with unlimited budget with no restrictions.
I had a Delorean in the 80s, stainless, and there are more drawbacks than their worth. If you get a dent or scratch usually the panel must be replaced or the whole car painted because repair without cosmetic problems isn't possible. How the panels are attached if bonded can make it a bigger problem.
I found out about the rust spots. I made the mistake of using steel wool to scrub them out. It transfers microscopic steel to the stainless which makes it rust worse.

Car wax doesn't look good on them. I found out oil works best. I'd use the best fridge oil cleaner if I had one. Sprayway aerosol stainless. This may seem like some bs thing to be worried about but if your head turning vehicle always looks like crap it's a big issue. I found a guy trying different things on a truck if you want to waste some time, if you skip around you'll see what a pain putting products on affecting appearance.

After watching another hour skippping around on his experiments to maintain tried every wax and coating and Paint Protection Film I see his recent final video:
https://youtu.be/tYMHQKucAa8?t=69
Something some random old dude that had a Delorean 40 years ago could have told you, the novelty is cute but complete pain in the azz to maintain! Many actual owners now turning to colored vinyl wrap giving up on their cool shiny stainless truck. And they haven't even had a dent and tried to find a shop to work on it

Last edited by silversleeper; 02-19-2024 at 05:30 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote