View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 10:55 AM   #29
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Lets take a good look at this. Mary's ship isn't the only one with gaping holes in its side. There is not one, that correct, not one manufacturer short of BMW and Mercedes (I'm not happy with those marques either) that is producing any meaningful or desirous content in terms of new automobiles. It is apparent that the trend in cars is the crossover body style (the carry all but with no meaninful content). In essence, these are rolling refrigerator-freezer style transportation, complete with the door thunk sound and door chimes. I am sure that technology dollars have gone into the design of these vehicles, but aside from safety, one crossover looks just like any crossover vehicle. No styling cues, no aspiration, no sense of style.

Now, if Barra has played a signifcant role in Chevrolet's decline, then certainly she should take blame for it. If she really wants to be remembered as an effective leader, then she should also admit her mistakes and take corrective measures in putting out meaningful car products. I'm sure all of GM's news isn't doom and gloom, but they are a far cry from automotive's glory days.
Your opinions are just that, and you have every right to be wrong as you enjoy

It's pretty hard to argue some extremely significant cars haven't been produced under Barra's leadership including the C8, Blacking, 6th Generation Camaro, and mass-production EV's. Look at their truck lineup. We didn't get that under Ackerson or Wagoner.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote